Learn how to make these easy BBQ Chicken slider recipe perfect for summer entertaining. No BBQ needed it can all be made in your oven! Includes video tutorial.
This Father’s Day give the grill the night off and make these sliders instead! They are so easy and delicious and sure to impress Dad on his special day. Best part is most of it can be made in advance, leaving you lots of extra time to pamper Dad on his special day 🙂
How do you make bbq chicken?
For this recipe you will roast the chicken first, then shred it off the bone. The BBQ sauce is also super simple to do (recipe below) and both can be made the day ahead. Then all you have to do is heat the sauce and toss it with the chilled chicken to bring it up to a warm temperature.
How do you make coleslaw?
For the coleslaw you will slice your cabbage and red onion thinly, then add your carrot ribbons with a potato peeler. Then in a smaller bowl combine, mayonnaise, vinegar, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, celery seed, salt and pepper. Mix to combine. And toss with the vegetables.
How do you assemble these bbq chicken sliders with coleslaw?
To assemble you will toast your brioche buns, then add a layer of coleslaw and then the warm BBQ chicken. Top with bun and place on a large serving platter so guests can help themselves!
WATCH MY BBQ CHICKEN SLIDER RECIPE VIDEO BELOW
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel and never miss a recipe (not to worry it’s free!)
Learn how to make an easy BBQ Chicken slider recipe perfect for summer entertaining. No BBQ needed it can all be made in your oven! Includes video tutorial.
- 2 Chicken Breasts, skin on, bone-in
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package of brioche buns, slider size
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) melted butter
- FOR BBQ SAUCE:
- 1 cup (240 ml) of ketchup
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup (60 g) brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (60 ml) of molasses
- 1 ½ tsp (7.5 ml) of hot sauce
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) Worstershire sauce
- 2 garlic gloves
- FOR COLESLAW:
- 2 cups (300 g) Green Cabbage, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup (40 g) Red Onion, thinly sliced into half moons
- ½ Carrot, peeled into ribbons with a potato peeler
- 1/3 cup (60 ml) Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp (12 g) Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Celery Seed
- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) Salt
- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) freshly cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F/(200C)
- Place chicken on a baking sheet and roast for 25-30 mins until cooked through. NOTE: This part can be done the day before. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- PREPARE BBQ SAUCE:
- Combine ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, molasses, hot sauce, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and garlic and in a medium saucepan. Cook, while stirring until thicken and reduced slightly. NOTE: This part can be done the day before. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- PREPARE COLESLAW:
- Slice cabbage, and onion very thin. Place in a large mixing bowl. Add carrots and set aside.
- Meanwhile in a smaller bowl combine, mayonnaise, vinegar, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, celery seed, salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and toss. Serve immediately. (If not serving right away, keep dressing and vegetables separated and covered. Toss moments before serving)
- TO ASSEMBLE SANDWICHES:
- Brush brioche rolls with melted butter and lightly toast under the broiler until golden brown.
- Remove skin from chicken. Shred chicken meat with two forks and place in a large bowl. You should get about 3 cups.
- Warm BBQ sauce and spoon over chicken tossing until well coated. Reserve the rest of the sauce to serve on the side, or it will last in your fridge for 4-5 days or in your freezer for a month.
- Place a layer of coleslaw on the bottom of the toasted bun. Top with pulled chicken mixture. Top with bun. Arrange on platter and serve with extra sauce on the side.
- This goes great with corn salad! (SEE RECIPE BELOW)
BETH’S CORN SALAD RECIPE:
8 Ears Fresh Corn, husked
1 cup cherry tomatoes, diced in half
1 cup orange bell peppers, diced
¼ fresh basil, cut into ribbons
1 tsp red wine vinegar
1 garlic clove, minced
½ tsp dried tarragon
3 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
Blanch corn in boiling water for 5 mins. Remove and allow to cool. Slice corn off the cob and transfer to a large bowl. Add cherry tomatoes and peppers.
In a small bowl add red wine vinegar, garlic, tarragon, salt and pepper, and combine. Slowly add olive oil whisking all the while.
Keep dressing covered and refrigerated until ready to serve.
Moments before serving, pour dressing over the salad, add basil and toss.
Keywords: easy bbq chicken sliders, bbq chicken slider recipe, how to make chicken sliders