Learn how to make these easy BBQ Chicken slider recipe perfect for summer entertaining. No BBQ needed it can all be made in your oven! Includes video tutorial below.
This Father’s Day give the grill the night off and make these sliders instead! They are so easy and delicious and sure to impress Dad on his special day. Best part is most of it can be made in advance, leaving you lots of extra time to pamper Dad on his special day 🙂
How do you make bbq chicken?
For this recipe you will roast the chicken first, then shred it off the bone. The BBQ sauce is also super simple to do (recipe below) and both can be made the day ahead.
Then all you have to do is heat the sauce and toss it with the chilled chicken to bring it up to a warm temperature.
WATCH MY VIDEO DEMO OF THIS RECIPE BELOW!
How do you make coleslaw?
For the coleslaw you will slice your cabbage and red onion thinly, then add your carrot ribbons with a potato peeler. Then in a smaller bowl combine, mayonnaise, vinegar, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, celery seed, salt and pepper.
Mix to combine. And toss with the vegetables.
How do you assemble these bbq chicken sliders?
To assemble you will toast your brioche buns, then add a layer of coleslaw and then the warm BBQ chicken. Top with bun and place on a large serving platter so guests can help themselves!
This recipe also pairs really well with my Summer Corn Salad Recipe!
MORE EASY RECIPES!
- Avocado Shrimp Cup
- Easy Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- New England Style Shrimp Rolls
- Cheesy Pasta Bake with Veggies
Please let me know if you make these bbq chicken sliders recipe by leaving a rating and review below!
- 2 Chicken Breasts, skin on, bone-in
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package of brioche buns, slider size
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) melted butter
FOR BBQ SAUCE:
- 1 cup (240 ml) of ketchup
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup (60 g) brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (60 ml) of molasses
- 1 ½ tsp (7.5 ml) of hot sauce
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) Worstershire sauce
- 2 garlic gloves
- 2 cups (300 g) Green Cabbage, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup (40 g) Red Onion, thinly sliced into half moons
- ½ Carrot, peeled into ribbons with a potato peeler
- 1/3 cup (60 ml) Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp (12 g) Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Celery Seed
- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) Salt
- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) freshly cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F/(200C)
- Place chicken on a baking sheet and roast for 25-30 mins until cooked through.
PREPARE BBQ SAUCE:
- Combine ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, molasses, hot sauce, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and garlic and in a medium saucepan. Cook, while stirring until thicken and reduced slightly.
- Slice cabbage, and onion very thin. Place in a large mixing bowl. Add carrots and set aside.
- Meanwhile in a smaller bowl combine, mayonnaise, vinegar, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, celery seed, salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and toss. Serve immediately. (If not serving right away, keep dressing and vegetables separated and covered. Toss moments before serving)
TO ASSEMBLE SANDWICHES:
- Brush brioche rolls with melted butter and lightly toast under the broiler until golden brown.
- Remove skin from chicken. Shred chicken meat with two forks and place in a large bowl. You should get about 3 cups.
- Warm BBQ sauce and spoon over chicken tossing until well coated. Reserve the rest of the sauce to serve on the side, or it will last in your fridge for 4-5 days or in your freezer for a month.
- Place a layer of coleslaw on the bottom of the toasted bun. Top with pulled chicken mixture. Top with bun. Arrange on platter and serve with extra sauce on the side.
- This goes great with my corn salad!
The chicken can be roasted the day before, keep covered and refrigerated.
The BBQ sauce can also be made the day before, keep covered and refrigerated.
An hour before guests arrive, toss the chicken with the BBQ sauce, cover and refrigerate.
You can also mix the dressing and prep the veggies for the cole slaw. Keep them separated and covered and refrigerated. DO NOT MIX too far ahead or the dressing makes the veggies too watery. Best to toss and sere immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 467 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 105mg Sodium: 525mg Carbohydrates: 54g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 29g Protein: 28g