Everyone needs an ultimate Banana Bread Recipe in their repertoire and this one is my absolute favorite! It’s the kind of treat that is so moist and delicious it’s sure to cure whatever ails you.
My favorite way to serve it is to slice it into large thick slabs and leave it on a cutting board allowing guests to serve themselves. It will disappear in minutes.
How To Make an Easy Banana Bread Recipe!
Speckled with walnuts and dark chocolate the texture and flavors are just divine!
But the key to this bread is to use very ripe bananas, like the ones that look almost black! Because bananas that look like this have a lot more sugar in them, and will also give you a lot more flavor.
TIP: This bread also freezes beautifully, just slice in and put it in a ziplock bag. Then reheat the slices in the microwave for :30 and tastes like the day you made it!
A great compliment to this recipe is my Extra Moist Pumpkin Bread Recipe! Bake both for a great bread option for a brunch or breakfast.
SHOP THIS RECIPE (These links go to Amazon where I am an affiliate)
- My Favorite Chocolate, this recipe really sings with a good quality bittersweet chocolate. This brand is my favorite and definitely worth the effort to chop it by hand as opposed to buying the chips. I find the flavor is better and it adds to the homey rustic look.
- 9 x 5 Loaf Pan, an essential pan in your baking arsenal and you’ll use it for so many other things.
- Extra Moist Pumpkin Bread Recipe!
- No-Knead Cinnamon Raisin Bread
- Savory Monkey Bread Recipe
- Cheesy Chivey Cornbread Recipe
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU MAKE THIS BANANA BREAD RECIPE BY LEAVING A RATING AND REVIEW BELOW
- 4 overly ripe, mashed bananas
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) of canola oil
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of water
- ½ cup (100g) of sugar *I find this is enough sugar if adding the chocolate chips but if you have a sweet tooth I would increase it to 3/4 cup (150g)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vanilla
- 2 ½ cups (300 g) of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon (5 ml) salt
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) baking soda
- ½ cup (75 g) of bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup (75 g) of Pecans or Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F (176C) degrees. Spray a 9” x 5" (23cm x 13cm) loaf pan with baking spray.
- In a medium bowl mix dry ingredients and set aside. In a large bowl mix wet ingredients until combined.
- Combine the dry into the wet, 1/3 at a time, being careful not to over mix! (Or you will have tough bread!) Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pour into a loaf pan. Bake for 55 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- If bread starts to brown too much on the top, cover with foil and continue to bake until cooked through. Slice into thick slices and serve.
This bread also freezes beautifully, just slice in and put it in a ziplock bag. Then reheat the slices in the microwave for :30 and tastes like the day you made it!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 241Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 22mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 3gSugar: 18gProtein: 5g