Everyone needs an ultimate Banana Bread Recipe in their repertoire! It’s the kind of treat that is so comforting and delicious it will always cure whatever ails you.
For a step-by-step tutorial you can my video demo below!
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe! (It’s free! New videos post each Saturday!)
This recipe is hands down my favorite because it’s moist and delicate and not too sweet. My favorite way to serve it is to slice it into large thick slabs and leave it on a cutting board allowing guests to serve themselves. It will disappear in minutes.
Speckled with walnuts and dark chocolate the texture and flavors are just divine! But the key to this bread is to use very ripe bananas, like the ones that look almost black! Because bananas that look like this have a lot more sugar in them, and will also give you a lot more flavor. Need to ripen up bananas in a hurry? Try these tricks!
SHOP THIS RECIPE (These links go to Amazon where I am an affiliate)
My Favorite Chocolate, this recipe really sings with a good quality bittersweet chocolate. This brand is my favorite and definitely worth the effort to chop it by hand as opposed to buying the chips. I find the flavor is better and it adds to the homey rustic look. 9 x 5 Loaf Pan, an essential pan in your baking arsenal and you’ll use it for so many other things. Walnut Boos Board I love this board because it’s a perfect size for quick chopping or for serving. I also use it as a platter to serve my homemade hummus and it just elevates the whole experience 🙂
PS: This also freezes beautifully, just slice in and put it in a ziplock bag. Then reheat the slices in the microwave for :30 and tastes like the day you made it!Print
- 4 overly ripe, mashed bananas
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) of canola oil
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of water
- ½ cup (100g) of sugar *I find this is enough sugar if adding the chocolate chips but if you have a sweet tooth I would increase it to 3/4 cup (150g)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vanilla
- 2 ½ cups (300 g) of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon (5 ml) salt
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) baking soda
- ½ cup (75 g) of bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup (75 g) of Pecans or Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F (176C) degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9” x 5″ loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl mix dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix wet ingredients until combined. Combine the dry into the wet, 1/3 at a time, being careful not to over mix! (Or you will have tough bread!)
- Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts. Pour into a loaf pan that has been sprayed with baking spray, or grease and flour.
- Bake for 55 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean. If bread starts to brown too much on the top, cover with foil and continue to bake until cooked through.
- Slice into thick slices and serve. Enjoy!