You'll love this Banana Cupcake Recipe with Coconut because it's so easy to do and so delicious! It's a perfect cupcake recipe for a baby shower or bridal shower!
It's moist and delicious and full of banana flavor! Top with some shredded coconut and it's one delicious cupcake!
WATCH MY VIDEO DEMO OF THIS BANANA CUPCAKE RECIPE BELOW!
Anytime I'm hosting a shower, I like to serve something dainty and sweet for dessert. It's even better if the treat can be enjoyed on one's lap.
This is why I LOVE these adorable little baking cups from Simply Baked because your guests can eat the cupcakes right in the cups with little spoons. It's a fun elegant way to serve a cupcake when guests are not seated.
These cupcakes also make for dainty little cakes as well if you remove the paper liners after they are baked. This would be a great dessert for Mother's Day or Easter Sunday.
How do you make banana coconut cupcakes?
First, it's important you start with very ripe bananas. The more spotted and mushy the better! This is what gives these cupcakes all the banana flavor. Otherwise your Banana Cupcakes won't have much banana flavor!
TIP: If you have extra ripe bananas you can peel them and freeze them. Then just thaw in the fridge overnight before you use them.
You could add shredded coconut into the batter of these cupcakes, but I prefer to save the coconut for the top of the cupcakes as a garnish. I think adding the coconut on top looks prettier and creates one much texture to the cupcakes.
How do you frost cupcakes?
I find the easiest way to frost these cupcakes is with a pastry bag and tip.
That way you'll get a really professional looking frosting every single time. I really like the Wilton 2D tip for cupcakes because it creates a really nice frilly type of swirl (this link goes to Amazon where I am an affiliate partner).
You can also use this tip for my cafe mocha cupcakes as well.
To serve these cupcakes I like to create a "cupcake tower" on a buffet where guests can help themselves. This is really easy to do if you have 3 cake stands of varying sizes.
Then place the cupcakes on the outer edge of the cake stand.
You can double the recipe to have enough cupcakes to fill all the cake stands.
This way you'll have a beautiful cupcake tower that makes for a wonderful display for your baby or bridal shower.
MORE SHOWER RECIPES!
- Blood Orange Pound Cake
- Earl Gray Pound Cake
- Honey Lavender Creme Brûlée
- Foolproof Raspberry Macarons
Please let me know if you make these Banana Coconut Cupcakes by leaving a rating and review below!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup (150 g) sugar
- ¾ cup (180 ml) Canola oil
- ½ cup (120 ml) water
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 ¼ cup (150 g) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) salt
- 16 oz (460 g)cream cheese
- ½ cup (50 g) powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- ½ cup (120 ml) Sweetened Coconut Flakes
- Preheat oven to 400F/(200C)
- In a large bowl mash two very ripe bananas into a paste. Add eggs, sugar, oil, water, vanilla. Whisk until combined.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk until combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until combined.
- With an ice cream scoop, scoop 1 scoop of batter into each baking cup.
- If using the Simply Baking Cups bake for 25-27 mins until golden brown and baked through. If baking in regular muffin papers bake for 20mins-22 mins until golden brown and baked through.
- Allow to cool completely.
- For the frosting, combine the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until smooth. Add milk and beat until combined.
- Transfer frosting to a pastry bag fitted with a star tip. (I really like the Wilton 2D tip for these)Pipe a mound of frosting and dust with the coconut.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 205Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 266mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 10g