Learn how to make my Coconut Ice Cream Baskets with Strawberry Sauce a simple yet elegant dessert idea for summer entertaining. It comes together quickly and is sure to impress!
When strawberries are in season this is one of my favorite desserts to make. It’s simple yet elegant, delicate but not fussy, and guests go nuts for it.
How do you make coconut dessert baskets?
Coconut baskets are pretty easy to make and you can fill them with all kinds of things. You’ll use sweetened shredded coconut mix with egg whites, almond extract and flour.
You’ll press them into a jumbo muffin tin. (This link goes to Amazon where I am an affiliate partner) I think the portions work better that way, especially if you want to serve ice cream inside them.
Then you’ll bake them and leave at room temperature until ready to serve. The nice thing about this dessert is that both the baskets and the sauce can be made ahead of time and then all you have to do is scoop in the ice cream and serve!
WATCH MY COCONUT ICE CREAM BASKETS WITH STRAWBERRY SAUCE VIDEO BELOW!
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel and never miss a recipe! (don’t worry it’s free!)
Please let me know if you make my coconut ice cream baskets by leaving a rating and review belowPrint
Learn how to make my Coconuts Ice Cream Baskets a simple yet elegant dessert idea for summer entertaining. Comes together quickly and is sure to impress
- FOR THE BASKETS:
- 3 egg whites
- pinch of salt
- 14 oz (396 g) sweetened coconut
- ½ (2.5 ml) tsp almond extract
- 1 tbsp (7.5 g) All Purpose flour
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- FOR THE STRAWBERRY SAUCE
- 16 oz (452 g) strawberries
- zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup (60 ml) fresh lemon juice
- ¼ (60 ml) cup water
- 1 tbsp (12.5 g) sugar
- FOR THE BASKETS:
- Add egg whites and salt to an electric mixer, beat until fluffy, and soft peaks form. Add the almond extract . Fold in coconut and flour. Press dough into a non-stick muffin tin, on the bottom and up the sides in a thin ¼” layer. Bake at 350 for 20 mins until sides and tops turn golden brown. Bottoms will remain white.
- Allow to cool.
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan. Heat on medium high heat until it boils, lower to a simmer. Continue to cook until strawberries break down and become a sauce.
- Allow to cool, and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- To serve place 1 basket on a plate, fill with a scoop of ice cream and top with strawberry sauce.
Never Miss a Recipe! Subscribe to my YouTube Channel! (It’s free!) New videos posted weekly!