This easy Chicken Brochette and Zucchini Salad is a wonderful main course recipe for summer entertaining!
The chicken brochettes can be prepared ahead of time and all you have to do is grill them up when guests arrive. They also pair beautifully with this grilled zucchini salad that you can grill at the same time! Have extra zucchini on hand? Try my wonderful Spiced Zucchini Bread or my Cheesy Zucchini Gratin.
- Top the zucchini salad with some crumbled goat cheese, parsley, and lemon zest and you have one fantastic summer vegetable dish!
- Serve with my Rose Pamplemousse cocktails to begin and for dessert, try my Easy Plum Crumble of Peach Tarte Tatin.
How Do you make Chicken Brochettes?
- Chicken brochettes are so easy to make for summer entertaining because you can cut the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces and marinate the chicken ahead of time, in olive oil, vinegar, garlic, and fresh or dried oregano.
- Then thread the chicken on to the skewers, alternating 2-3 pieces of chicken with the lemon slices. Then you can place the brochettes in a baking dish, covered with foil, and they'll be all ready to go when it's time to grill.
No fancy BBQ is Needed
- The great thing about this recipe is everything can be made indoors on an indoor grill pan!
- Once you flip the chicken, you can add the zucchini. It will take less time to cook than the brochettes.
- The slightly charred lemons on the brochettes make for a wonderful sauce when you squeeze them on top of the warm chicken.
Grilling the Zucchini
- This is a great recipe for using up any zucchini you may have growing in the garden. If you don't pick them they will keep growing and become huge! For another recipe using zucchini try my Pan-seared Salmon with Orzo Salad or my fantastic Spiced Zucchini Bread.
- After brushing with olive oil and seasoning, you can grill each side for just a few minutes.
- Once the zucchini is done, place the crumbled goat cheese on top right away.
- The heat from the zucchini will warm the goat cheese and make it even softer and creamier, creating a truly delicious combination!
Garnishing the Plate
- I like to serve these brochettes on a long rectangular platter, and pile them on top of each other.
- A little fresh oregano makes for a nice garnish as well.
- Serve the brochettes with the grilled zucchini salad and you'll have a beautiful summer dinner to present to the table.
More Summer Recipes You'll Love:
- Grilled Chicken with Two Toppings
- Easy Blueberry Muffins
- Lemon Poppyseed Cake
- Dutch Baby with Blueberries
for the chicken:
- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, cubed into 2 " chunks
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup (120 ml) of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt
- ¼ (1.25 ml) teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) dried oregano
- 4 lemons, quartered
for the zucchini salad:
- 4 zucchini
- ½ cup (45 g) crumbled goat cheese
- ¼ (60 ml) cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon (30 ml) parsley
- 2 tablespoon (30 ml) pine nuts
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, and oregano. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Slice chicken breasts into 2" chunks and place in the marinade and toss to coat.
- Allow chicken to rest in the marinade at least 1 hour and no more than 4 hours.
- Prep zucchini by cutting off tops and slicing into ¼" slices, lengthwise. Brush with olive oil on both sides and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- To prepare the brochettes thread 2-3 pieces of chicken on a metal skewer, and then thread a lemon quarter, cut side facing the chicken. Continue to thread 2-3 pieces of chicken, to 1 lemon wedge, alternating pattern until skewer is complete.
- Heat grill pan, or BBQ to a medium high heat. Grill zucchini and chicken together. Zucchini is done when it has nice grill marks on each side and softens slightly. It may be done before the chicken, which is OK since it is meant to be served at room temperature.
- Arrange zucchini on a plate, top with the crumbled goat cheese (the warmth of the zucchini will soften the cheese which is really nice!) top with pine nuts and chopped flat leaf parsley.
- Serve zucchini with the grilled chicken brochettes.
Squeeze the grilled lemon wedges over the warm chicken and zucchini for a fresh sauce!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 517Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 226mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 6gSugar: 6gProtein: 44g