I love this easy plum crumble recipe because it’s so delicious and a bit unexpected. You’ll also love how portable it is too! Plums are at their best right now and if you are looking for a dessert to bring to a summer BBQ, this is the ticket! If you can’t find plums you can also try my easy Summer Fruits Crumble recipe instead!
How do you make this Easy Plum Crumble Recipe?
You can use regular Black Friar Plums which has the yellow flesh inside or some red plums. I love the deep red Santa Rosa Plums we get out here in California this time of year they are just spectacular. But often I’ll just do a mix of both, that way you get tw different flavors tart and mild and the bright red color the Santa Rosas bring to the crumble are just fantastic!
In fact, if the plums aren’t labeled properly at the market it can be hard to know what you are buying until you cut into them. So if you really want the red ones, ask the produce department to verify they are in fact the variety you think they are, typically they’ll even slice one open and allow you to taste it.
WATCH MY EASY PLUM CRUMBLE VIDEO BELOW!
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe! (It’s free!)
Can you make this Easy Plum Crumble Recipe ahead of time?
Yes! The best part about a crumble is the fact that you can assemble the whole thing ahead of time and just pop in your fridge. Then when you sit down to dinner, pop it in the oven and bake. That way once dinner is over you’ll have a hot bubbling crumble ready to serve to your guests. This pairs really well with some high-quality vanilla ice cream and yes, this would be the time to spring for the Haagen-Dazs
Please let me know if you make this easy plum crumble recipe by leaving a rating and review below
- 5 lbs (2,250 g) firm, red plums, pitted and quartered
- ½ cup (100g) of sugar
- 1/3 cup (40g) flour
- Crumb Topping
- 1 cup (120 g) of flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 4 tbsp (58g) brown sugar
- ½ (2.5 ml) tsp salt
- ¾ tsp (3.5 ml) cinnamon
- 1 cup (150g) of chopped pecans
- ½ cup (120g) of melted butter
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) heavy cream
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C)
- Toss plums with sugar and flour and set aside.
- For crumble, mix all ingredients together with a fork until a wet crumble forms.
- Pour plum mixture into a 14 x 9 greased oven safe casserole dish. Sprinkle the crumble evenly on top.
- NOTE: At this point you could cover and refrigerate until ready to bake. This is a great dessert to make the day before and just bake while you are having dinner, and present to the table right out of the oven.
- Bake for 25-30 mins until top is golden brown and juices begin to bubble.
- Serve warm with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream. Happy Summer! Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 211 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 10mg Sodium: 153mg Carbohydrates: 21g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 7g Protein: 3g