Learn how to make Watermelon Lemonade. It's the perfect summertime treat for any outdoor gathering. It's the perfect combination of tart and sweet. Easy too!
This is a fun twist on my traditional Homemade Lemonade recipe, which was born when my kids requested "Pink Lemonade". We tried strawberries and watermelon, but the watermelon was the clear winner!
How do you cut a watermelon for lemonade?
The most time-consuming part of this recipe is prepping the watermelon. You'll need to slice off the rind and cut off each end. If you have a sizable watermelon this can be a bit of a project. Better to get 2 smaller ones which will make the cutting a bit more manageable.
Once you remove the rind, you'll end up with a large Easter egg looking mass of watermelon.
This will make it really easy to slice and then cut into cubes.
So that you can whirl it up in the blender. After that you are home free!
Can you make watermelon lemonade ahead of time?
Yes! In fact, I think watermelon lemonade is even better if you can make it a day ahead or at least a few hours ahead. It will allow the flavors o marry and for your lemonade to become nicely chilled.
- ¾ cup (180 ml) of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ¼ (300 ml) cups of water
- 2 ( 480 ml) cups watermelon juice
- ⅓ cup (65 g) sugar
- 8-10 sprigs of fresh mint
- Cut watermelon into chunks and blend until pureed. Pour through a sieve into a large pitcher to catch the seeds and pulp. Blend until you have 2 cups (480 ml).
- Squeeze lemons until you have ¾ cup juice.
- Combine lemon juice and sugar stir to dissolve, add watermelon juice and water. Stir to combine. Transfer into a decanter or decorative bottle. Garnish with fresh mint.
To save time you can also use pre-cut watermelon
Add a splash of champagne or prosecco for a fun brunch punch
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pyrex Prepware 4-Piece Measure Set
Lenox 6242168 Tuscany Classics Pierced Pitcher, 48 ounces, Clear
Riedel O Wine Tumbler Oaked Chardonnay, Set of 4
Wusthof Classic 7-piece Slim Knife Block Set (Acacia)
John Boos Block RA03 Maple Wood Edge Grain Reversible Cutting Board, 24 Inches x 18 Inches x 2.25 Inches
Vitamix Explorian Blender, Professional-Grade, 64 oz. Low-Profile Container, Black (Renewed) - 65542
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 34Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 23mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g