Learn how to make Watermelon Lemonade. It’s the perfect summertime treat for any outdoor gathering. It’s the perfect combination of tart and sweet. Easy too!
Watermelon lemonade is one of my kid’s most requested recipes in the summertime. It’s light and refreshing, with the perfect mix of tartness and sweetness. It’s a great one for a multi-generational gathering since the kid’s go nuts for it, and the grown ups enjoy it too, some enjoy even better with a little splash of vodka or processo 🙂
WATCH MY WATERMELON LEMONADE VIDEO BELOW!
How do you cut a watermelon for lemonade?
The most time consuming part of this recipe is prepping the watermelon. You’ll need to slice off the rind and cut off each end. If you have a sizable watermelon this can be a bit of a project. Better to get 2 smaller ones which will make the cutting a bit more manageable.
Once you remove the rind, you’ll end up with a large Easter egg looking mass of watermelon.
This will make it really easy to slice and then cut into cubes.
So that you can whirl it up in the blender. After that you are home free!
Can you make watermelon lemonade ahead of time?
Yes! In fact I think watermelon lemonade is even better if you can make it a day ahead or least a few hours ahead. It will allows the flavors o marry and for your lemonade to become nicely chilled.
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel (it’s free!) and never miss a recipe. New recipes posted every Saturday!
Please let me know if you make this watermelon lemonade recipe by leaving a rating and review below!
- ¾ cup (180 ml) of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ¼ (300 ml) cups of water
- 2 ( 480 ml) cups watermelon juice
- 1/3 cup (65 g) sugar
- 8-10 sprigs of fresh mint
- Cut watermelon into chunks and blend until pureed. Pour through a sieve into a large pitcher to catch the seeds and pulp. Blend until you have 2 cups (480 ml).
- Squeeze lemons until you have ¾ cup juice.
- Combine lemon juice and sugar stir to dissolve, add watermelon juice and water. Stir to combine. Transfer into a decanter or decorative bottle. Garnish with fresh mint.
To save time you can also use pre-cut watermelon
Add a splash f champagne or prosecco for a fun brunch punch
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 34 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 23mg Carbohydrates: 8g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 6g Protein: 1g