Learn how to make the Best Cherry Clafoutis Recipe a quick and easy dessert idea for summer entertaining. Includes video tutorial below!
It’s cherry season and I can’t think of a better way to put these delectable little fruits to good use than with a cherry clafoutis! It’s a super simple dessert idea that comes together quickly!
How do you make a Cherry Clafoutis?
Cherry Clafoutis is super simple to put together! You’ll start by making the egg custard base which is a combination of flour and milk to begin. YOu’ll whisk these two ingredients together first. This avoids getting clumps in your batter. Similar to making a crepe batter.
Then you’ll add the heavy cream, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and the secret ingredient…kirsch. A cherry liquor that will give your Cherry Clafoutis a little extra something and will heighten the flavor.
WATCH MY CHEERY CLAFOUTIS VIDEO DEMO BELOW!
The hardest part in making this recipe is pitting all the cherries.
You can certainly use frozen cherries that come already pitted, or hook yourself up with a Cherry Pitter, one of my favorite kitchen gadgets! This also works on olives too! (this link goes to Amazon where I am an affiliate partner)
Place the cherries in a greased skillet and then pour the batter on top.
What do you serve with a Cherry Clafoutis?
I think the best way to serve a Cherry Clafoutis is to dust it with powdered sugar and served with a dollop of homemade whipped cream (recipe below). This is such an easy summer dessert idea that always gets rave reviews.
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel and never miss a recipe! (It’s free!)
Please let me know if you make this Cherry Clafoutis recipe by leaving a rating and review below.
- 1 ¼ (300 ml) cup milk
- ¾ cup (90 g) flour
- ¾ cup (180 ml) heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ cup of sugar
- 2 tbsp Kirsch
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) salt
- 2 cups (300 g) pitted cherries
- Preheat oven to 350F (176C).
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour and milk until smooth. Add heavy cream, and eggs, whisk to combine.
- Add sugar, kirsch, vanilla and salt, whisk to combine.
- Place pitted cherries in a single layer in the bottom of a greased 9” skillet or oven safe casserole dish. Pour batter over cherries.
- Bake for 35-40 mins until puffed and golden brown.
- Serve warm or allow to cool and refrigerate until ready to serve, chilled.
- For whipped cream combine all ingredients and whip with an electric mixer until soft peaks form
- To serve dust clafoutis with powdered sugar and serve with homemade whipped cream.