There are a few go-to weeknight staples that always make the rotation at our house, and this is one of them. It’s so quick and easy, but feels kinda fancy at the same time 🙂 It’s also a real time saver if you can buy the broccoli already cut into florets and the shrimp already peeled and cleaned. But leave leaves those tails on because it will help the shrimp retain it’s flavor and moisture. Enjoy! xx
For a step-by-step tutorial you can watch my video demo below! Subscribe to my YouTube Channel and never miss a recipe! (It’s free!)Print
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion, sliced in half moons
- 1 lb frozen shrimp, tails on (defrosted)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 shake red pepper flakes
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Heat oil in a sauté pan. Place onions in pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook onions until soft. Add shrimp, cook both sides until just turning pink. Add broccoli. Cover and cook for 5 mins until broccoli fork tender and bright green.
- In a small bowl mix together soy sauce, sesame oil, pepper flakes and garlic. Pour over the stir fry and cook for 1 minute. Serve immediately.