There are a few go-to weeknight staples that always make the rotation at our house, and this Easy Shrimp Stir Fry Recipe is one of them.
It’s so quick and easy, but feels kinda fancy at the same time.
It’s also a real time saver if you can buy the broccoli already cut into florets and the shrimp already peeled and cleaned.
Watch my Video Demo of this Shrimp Stir Fry Recipe
Sometimes I think of “budget-friendly” in terms of both time and money. So if this is a week you are strapped for time, it can be worth a few extra dollars to buy pre-cut broccoli and already peeled and de-veined shrimp.
TIP: Leave those tails on because it will help the shrimp retain its flavor and moisture and prevent it from dry out. I also think it looks prettier on the plate too.
How-To Make an Easy Shrimp Stir Fry Sauce
OK, this may be the easiest sauce ever and I bet you have most of these ingredients sitting in your fridge and pantry.
All it takes is soy sauce, toasted sesame oil (make sure you buy the toasted sesame oil). This is the one with all the flavor.
Regular sesame oil doesn’t have much flavor), garlic and red pepper flakes. And that’s it folks! This is the most flavorful sauce and compliments all these ingredients beautifully. See below for extra recipe.
This sauce also makes a great potsticker sauce. These potstickers are a fun weekend project that can be frozen to last throughout the week.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU MAKE THIS EASY SHRIMP STIR FRY RECIPE BY LEAVING A RATING AND REVIEW BELOW
- 1 tbsp (15ml) olive oil
- 1 white onion, sliced in half moons
- 1 lb (450g) frozen shrimp, tails on (defrosted)
- 2 cups (300g) broccoli florets
- 1 tbsp (15ml) soy sauce
- ½ tsp (2.5ml) sesame oil
- 1 shake red pepper flakes
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- In a small bowl mix together soy sauce, sesame oil, pepper flakes and garlic. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a sauté pan. Place onions in pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook onions until soft and fragrant.
- Add shrimp, cook both sides until just turning pink. Add broccoli. Cover and cook for 5 mins until broccoli fork tender and bright green.
- Pour sauce over the stir fry and cook for 1 minute. Serve immediately.
This recipe goes even quicker if you can but pre-cut broccoli and already cleaned shrimp
Keeping the tails on prevents the shrimp from drying out and will keep them tender and succulent
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 214 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 16mg Sodium: 285mg Carbohydrates: 30g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 26g Protein: 5g