If you are looking for a memorable Thanksgiving Pie Recipe, look no further than this recipe. It’s elegant and delicious and so easy to make too!
For a step-by-step tutorial you can watch my video demo below.
The biggest tip with this recipe is to make sure once you put that marshmallow topping on and pop in the oven, you stay close by!
DO NOT WALK AWAY! (I realize this the season for multi-tasking, but this pie will burn in an flash if you are not careful!)
I think this recipe looks great in a metal pie plate, it adds to the rustic nature of this dessert. If you don’t currently own one, you can find them online and they are pretty affordable too. (This link goes to Amazon where I am an affiliate partner)
More Thanksgiving Recipes!
- Pecan Bars with Shortbread Crust
- French Apple Tart
- 10 Tips for the BEST Apple Pie
- Pumpkin Pie with Marshmallow Topping
- Pear Almond Tart
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE BY LEAVING A RATING AND REVIEW BELOW
For the Crust:
- 2 cups of finely ground graham crackers (about 15-16 graham crackers)
- 6 tbsp melted butter
- 1/8 tsp salt
For the Filling:
- ¾ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup of milk chocolate chips
- ¼ cup of butter
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
For the topping:
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup of corn syrup
- pinch of salt
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grind graham crackers in a food processor. Or place them in a zip lock bag, and whack them with a rolling pin, until they are crushed into a fine crumb.
- Place graham cracker crumbs into a bowl, add the salt and the melted butter. Combine with a fork until the crumbs stick together.
- Place the crumbs in a 9 ½ pie plate working the crumbs up the side of the pan, with the palm of your hand. Set aside.
- Place both chocolate chips and butter in a heat safe bowl. Heat the heavy cream in a sauce pan until it simmers, pour it over the chocolate chips and whisk until melted and combined. Add whole eggs, and yolks and mix until combined. Add vanilla.
- Pour chocolate mixture into piecrust and bake 15-20 mins until pie is set and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, place 2 egg whites, corn syrup, salt, vanilla and cream of tartar in a bowl and whip on high until stiff peaks form and mixture is glossy. Slowly add sugar.
- Allow pie to cool, and then add marshmallow topping on top, creating decorative swirls as you go with a spatula.
- At this point, if you are not serving right away, the pie can be refrigerated until ready to serve. Then proceed with last step of broiling.
- Place pie under the broiler for 1-2 mins until marshmallow topping turns golden brown.
- BE CAREFUL! Marshmallow burns quickly so please keep an eye on it while broiling, do not walk away!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 646 Total Fat: 39g Saturated Fat: 23g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 145mg Sodium: 343mg Carbohydrates: 73g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 59g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 7g