Thanksgiving will be here before we know it! If you are looking for a Pumpkin Pie Recipe with a serious “wow” factor, then my Pumpkin Pie Recipe with Marshmallow Topping is it!
First off, let’s talk crust. If you really want to kick this pie up a notch, you can spend a little time on creating an “Instagram Worthy” pie crust.
This product is SO easy to use and will make you look like such a “Pie Boss” come Thanksgiving!
Just place the wheel on the edge of your pie crust and zip around the edge! It’s that easy!
This recipe is based on my Mom’s classic Pumpkin Pie Recipe that she has made for years, but I “gussied” it up a bit by adding a homemade marshmallow topping!
How do you make homemade pumpkin pie?
Pumpkin Pie is one of the easiest pies to make! It’s essentially just pureed pumpkin, eggs, sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
Do I cook pie crust before filling?
The great thing about this pumpkin pie recipe is that you do not need to pre-bake the crust before filling. You can bake both at the same time.
What’s in pumpkin pie spice?
Pumpkin Pie Spice is made by combining (3 tbsp) cinnamon, (2 tsp) ground ginger, (2 tsp) nutmeg, (1 1/2 tsp) allspice and (1 1/2 tsp) cloves.
You’ll love this pie because it’s super simple to put together, because most of it can be done the day before and all you have to do it take it out of the fridge and toast it. How easy is that?
Rotate your pie under the broiler for even toasting and DO NOT WALK AWAY! This topping will burn quickly if you don’t watch it!
Need another Thanksgiving dessert idea? Try my French Apple Tart Recipe
or my Pear Almond Tart Recipe
Please let me know if you make this Pumpkin Pie with Marshmallow Topping recipe by leaving a rating and review below.Print
My Pumpkin Pie with Marshmallow topping is perfect for Thanksgiving! It’s a pumpkin pie recipe with a real WOW factor! Video demo included!
- For Crust:
- 1 ¼ cups (150g) flour
- 3 tbsp (31 g) powdered sugar
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) salt
- ½ cup (120 g) butter, chilled and diced into cubes
- 1 egg yolk and egg white separated
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) ice water
- 15 ounce can (422 g) pure pumpkin puree
- 1 ¼ tsp (6.25ml) pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) salt
- 2 eggs
- 14 ounce can (396 g) sweetened condensed milk
- Marshmallow Topping:
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup (240 ml) of light corn syrup
- pinch of salt
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) vanilla
- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) cream of tartar
- 2 tbsp (25 g) sugar
- In the bowl of a food process combine flour, powdered sugar and salt, pulse to combine. Then slowly add butter pulsing until a coarse meal forms.
- In a small bowl whisk together the egg yolk and ice water and then slowly add this mixture to the food processor pulsing until a dough ball forms. (reserve egg white)
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface, flatten into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat heat oven to 450F (232C)
- Once dough is chilled, roll out to 1/8” thickness and fit into a pie tin. Trim edges of dough around rim and then fold up to create a double crust.
- Press crust together to form an even level around the rim. Then use the Pastry Wheel Decorator to run over the pie crust to form a decorative edge. Then place the pie shell in the freezer to set up while you prep the filling.
- In a large bowl combine the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Whisk until smooth. Then add the eggs and sweetened condensed milk.
- Remove pie from freezer and place on a baking sheet. Pour filling into shell. Lightly brush pie crust with the egg white to seal crust and ultimately form a golden, shinny crust.
- Bake at 450F (232C) for 15 mins. Then reduce temperature to 350F and bake for another 35-40 mins until pie is set. Place a pie shield, or strip of aluminum foil, around the crust to prevent over browning.
- Allow pie to cool completely and then make the marshmallow topping.
- Place 2 egg whites, corn syrup, salt, vanilla and cream of tartar in a bowl and whip on high until stiff peaks form and mixture is glossy. Slowly add sugar.
- Transfer marshmallow to a pastry bag fitted with a round tip. Pipe out decorative mounds or swirls in the center of the pie.
- If you are not serving right away, the pie can be refrigerated, uncovered, until ready to serve. Then proceed with last step of broiling.
- Place pie under the broiler for 1-2 mins until marshmallow topping turns golden brown.
- BE CAREFUL! Marshmallow burns quickly so please keep an eye on it while broiling, do not walk away! Enjoy! xx
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Thanksgiving Pies, Thanksgiving Desserts