This Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe is the perfect combination of sweet and chewy with just a touch of crispness around the edges.
When served slightly warm just out of the oven they are a little piece of heaven!
The secret ingredient for a chewy Snickerdoodle cookie is cream of tartar, something I've found to be hard to find if you live outside the U.S. But luckily you can buy it online. (this link goes to Amazon where I am an affiliate partner)
Let's bake these together! You can watch my video tutorial with all my tips and tricks below! SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe! (It's free!)
- 1 cup (240 g) unsalted butter
- 1 ¼ cups (250 g) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoon (7.5 ml) vanilla
- 2 ¼ cups (270 g) flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) baking soda
- 2 teaspoon (10 ml) cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt
- CINNAMON SUGAR:
- 3 tablespoon (37 g) sugar
- 2 teaspoon (5 ml) cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F (176C) degrees.
- Cream together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Then add eggs, one at a time, until well incorporated. Then add vanilla, until combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. Then add the dry mixture to your butter mixture in thirds until well combined.
- Then in a small bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon until combined.
- Portion out the dough with a 2” (5 cm) ice cream scooper. Roll in the cinnamon sugar. And place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 mins. Until tops are cracked and cookies are golden brown around the sides.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 211Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 201mgSodium: 124mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 6g