Learn how to make my Best Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe. Soft and chewy you’ll never buy store-bought again! Video tutorial follows.
There’s something so comforting about a peanut butter cookie. The best part is I bet you have all of these ingredients’s already on hand! So when the craving strikes for a homemade cookie, this is the go-to move.
WATCH MY PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE VIDEO BELOW!
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more recipe videos! (it’s free!)
What are the ingredients for peanut butter cookies?
The ingredients for peanut butter cookies are so basic you probably have all of them sitting in your fridge and pantry.
You will need, butter, peanut butter, white sugar and brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, flour, salt and baking soda. (recipe follows below)
Why do you make fork marks on peanut butter cookies?
Peanut butter is a pretty dense ingredient. When you add it to cookie dough the cookies will bake with this density.
- Use only the purest peanut butter you can find. The only ingredient in peanut butter should be “peanuts!”. There should be no added sugar, salt or other fillers in peanut butter. A natural peanut butter will give you a peanut butter cookie with the best peanut butter flavor.
- Also look for creamy peanut butter as opposed to chunky. I find the creamy peanut butter works best for baking.
Adding the criss-cross pattern or “hash marks” to your cookies allows them to bake evenly. This will give you a crispy exterior around the edges and chewy interior where the hash marks are formed. Aside from being functional, it also looks pretty on the cookies as well!
TIP: Dip your fork in flour first before making the hash marks, this will prevent your fork from sticking.
More Cookie Recipes!
- Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Chocolate Hazelnut Linzer Cookies
- Easiest Christmas Cookies EVER! (The Marigoon)
Please let me know if you make the Best Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe by leaving a rating and review below
- 3/4 cup (180 g) of butter
- 1 cup (180 g) light brown sugar
- ¼ cup (50 g) white sugar
- 1 cup (240 ml) of high-quality peanut butter
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cup (180 g) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- Preheat oven to 350F (176C).
- In an electric mixer cream together butter and sugars until fluffy. Then add peanut butter. And mix until combined.
- Then add eggs one at a time, scrapping down the bowl in between each addition. Then add vanilla and beat to combine. Set aside.
- Then in a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to cookie batter in thirds until everything is combined.
- Place cookie dough in freezer for 15 mins to firm up. This will make it easier to create the cross-hatch pattern.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Then with a 2” ice cream scoop parcel out 6 dough balls. And then with a fork that has been lightly dipped in flour, create a cross hatch pattern on top of each ball, pressing dough the dough slightly at the same time.
- Bake for 13 mins.
- Allow to cool slightly and then transfer to a cooling rack. Enjoy!
High-quality peanut butter has one ingredient: peanuts! Avoid others with added sugar or salt. A pure peanut butter will create the best tasting cookie!
Dip your fork in flour first before making the hash marks, this will prevent your fork from sticking.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 32 Total Fat: 2g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 22mg Sodium: 21mg Carbohydrates: 3g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 2g Protein: 1g