There are times when a chocolate craving is so strong that only a Double Chocolate Chunk Cookie will suffice!
I will give you fair warning: This Cookie is Dangerous! It’s the type of cookie you can’t get out of your mind once you’ve tried it, the kind that will get you out of bed once the house is asleep to sneak another bite!
It’s the combination of its chewy texture mixed with a rich chocolate flavor, balanced out with the tartness of the dried cherries! A serious winner that cannot be beat.
For a step-by-step tutorial you can watch my video below. Never miss a video recipe! Subscribe to my YouTube Channel! (It’s free)
- ½ cup (120 g) butter
- 4 ounces (113 g) bittersweet chocolate
- 1 ¼ cup (250 g) sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ tsp (3.75 ml) vanilla
- 1 cup (120 g) flour
- 2/3 cup (70 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) baking soda
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) salt
- ½ cup (75 g) chopped bittersweet chocolate
- ½ cup (75 g) dried cherries
- ½ cup (75 g) walnuts
- Pre-Heat oven to 350F (175C)
- Melt butter and 4 ounces (113 g) bittersweet chocolate in a large bowl in the microwave at :30 increments until melted. Stir to cool.
- Add sugar, eggs and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add dry ingredients to the chocolate mixer in thirds and stir to combine.
- Add in chopped chocolate, cherries and walnuts. Stir to combine.
- Scoop out batter with an ice cream scoop onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Only place 6 cookies to a tray allowing room to spread.
- Bake 350F 15-17 mins. Allow to cool slightly and then transfer to a cooling rack. Then devour.