The BEST butterscotch blondie recipe! So chewy, moist and delicious! Betcha can’t eat just one! This is the perfect dessert bar recipe for easy entertaining!
There’s nothing more comforting than warm, butterscotch blondies! This recipe is a delicate mix of a chewy texture and sweet butterscotch flavor with a nice little crunch of walnut.
Watch my Video Tutorial on This Recipe Below!
How do you make blondies?
Blondies are made in a similar fashion as brownies. Except, instead of chocolate you are going to use a mix of sugars. It’s the brown sugar that gives blondies that sweet, chewy texture.
Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then add the eggs and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl you’ll combine the dry ingredients, a simple mixture of flour, baking soda and salt. Beat the mixture until combined and then mix in your walnuts and butterscotch chips. Then pour your batter into the prepared pan and bake.
What is the secret to chewy blondies?
The secret to a chewy blondie is to use the right amount of brown sugar. The molasses in the brown sugar provides the “chew” and also not to add too much flour. The recipe below will provide the best ratios for each.
What pan should I use to bake blondies?
The real game changer for making blondies with tight corners and clean edges is a removable bottom brownie tin. It will give you the best corners and clean cuts for equal sized squares. But really any 9 x 9 brownie pan will work. (this link goes to Amazon where I am compensated on products sold at no additional cost to the consumer)
Who knew such a contraption existed?! I actually think it’s probably a cake pan, but it really works well for any type of bars too! Hey multi-purpose bakeware is what I’m all about 🙂
Can you make blondies ahead of time?
If you make these blondies a few hours ahead or even a day ahead, the texture gets even chewier and better!
More Cookie Recipes!
- Lemon Thyme Sugar Cookies
- Beth’s Classic Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
- Beth’s Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe.
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
Please let me know if you make my butterscotch blondie recipe by leaving a rating and review belowPrint
The BEST butterscotch blondie recipe! So chewy, moist and delicious! Betcha can’t eat just one! The perfect dessert bar recipe for fall entertaining
- 1 cup (240 g) butter
- ½ cup (100 g) white sugar
- 3/4 cup (135 g) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 3/4 (210 g) cups flour
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml)salt
- ½ cup (75 g) walnuts
- 1/4 cup (40 g) butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350F (176C).
- Cream together the butter and sugars with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl between additions. Add vanilla. Beat to combine.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture, in thirds, beating between each addition and scrapping down the bowl as needed.
- Add butterscotch chips and walnuts and beat down the bowl as needed.
- Transfer to a 9 x9 pan that has either been sprayed with baking spray, or lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 35 minutes until golden brown and set.
- Allow to cool and then cut into 9 squares.
These are so much easier to release and cut if you make them in a removable bottom brownie pan!
These are even better when made a day ahead because the texture gets firmer and the blondies get chewier
Keywords: the best blondie recipe, easy blondie recipe, butterscotch dessert bars,, Butterscotch blondie