The BEST butterscotch blondie recipe! So chewy, moist and delicious! Betcha can’t eat just one! The perfect dessert bar recipe for easy entertaining
There’s nothing more comforting than warm, butterscotch blondies! For me the perfect blondie recipe is a delicate mix of chewy texture and sweet butterscotch flavor with a nice little crunch of walnut.
How do you make blondies?
Blondies are made in a similar fashion as brownies. Except, instead of chocolate you are going to use a mix of sugars. It’s the brown sugar that gives blondies that sweet, chewy texture.
You’ll beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then add the eggs and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl you’ll combine the dry ingredients, a simple mixture of flour, baking soda and salt. Beat to combine and then as a final step mix in your walnuts and butterscotch chips and then pour into your pan and bake.
What is the secret to chewy blondies?
The secret to a chewy blondie is to use the right amount of brown sugar. The molasses in the brown sugar provides the “chew” and also not to add too much flour. The recipe below will provide the best ratios for each.
What pan should I use to bake blondies?
I’ve decided that the real game changer for making blondies with tight corners and clean edges is a removable bottom brownie tin. (This link goes to Amazon where I am an affiliate) it will give you the best corners and clean cuts for equal sized squares. But really any 9 x 9 brownie pan will work.
Who knew such a contraption existed?! I actually think it’s probably a cake pan, but it really works well for any type of bars too! Hey multi-purpose bakeware is what I’m all about 🙂
Can you make blondies ahead of time?
Yes! This is the best part because I find if made a few hours ahead or even a day ahead, the texture gets even chewier as they are allow to cool completely and firm up.
WATCH MY BUTTERSCOTCH BLONDIE RECIPE VIDEO BELOW
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe! (it’s free!) and new videos post each Saturday!
Please let me know if you make my butterscotch blondie recipe by leaving a rating and review belowPrint
The BEST butterscotch blondie recipe! So chewy, moist and delicious! Betcha can’t eat just one! The perfect dessert bar recipe for fall entertaining
- 1 cup (240 g) butter
- ½ cup (100 g) white sugar
- 3/4 cup (135 g) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 3/4 (210 g) cups flour
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml)salt
- ½ cup (75 g) walnuts
- 1/4 cup (40 g) butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350F (176C).
- Cream together the butter and sugars with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl between additions. Add vanilla. Beat to combine.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture, in thirds, beating between each addition and scrapping down the bowl as needed.
- Add butterscotch chips and walnuts and beat down the bowl as needed.
- Transfer to a 9 x9 pan that has either been sprayed with baking spray, or lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 35 minutes until golden brown and set.
- Allow to cool and then cut into 9 squares.
Keywords: the best blondie recipe, easy blondie recipe, butterscotch dessert bars, desserts, dessert bars