I don’t know why, but for some reason when Easter rolls around I start craving this Pistachio Olive Oil Cake Recipe. It’s sone of the easiest cake recipes that guests go nuts for!
WATCH MY VIDEO DEMO OF THIS RECIPE BELOW!
If you have never tried a Pistachio Olive Oil Cake Recipe before, you are in for a treat!
They are so light and moist, full of such springtime flavor!
I recommend raw pistachios for this, I haven’t noticed a big difference in flavor between raw and roasted so save yourself the extra step. You’ll also get a nicer pale green color with the raw.
The best way to grind them I find is in a coffee grinder! So easy and they become so fine!
Then work the ground nuts through a sieve for an even finer texture..
Any nuts that remain in the sieve you can regrind in the coffee grinder and re-pass through the sieve
It’s worth all this effort to get a beautifully fine pistachio flour. This will create a more delicate and light cake.
I also love to bake these cakes in removable bottom, mini tart tins. I find it creates the most beautiful fluted edge and makes for an elegant presentation for a special occasion like Easter.
I love this model because they are 4″ and deeper than most mini tart pans and allows for a good sized cake (this link goes to Amazon where I am an affiliate partner)
They are also non-stick which is a big plus, but I do spray them with a little baking spray for added insurance!
If you fill them about 3/4 of the way full they will rise in the oven and create a little domed effect once baked.
This also creates a nice little decorative detail for which to display the garnishes on top
I find the best combo is powdered sugar, orange zest, raw pistachios and chopped bittersweet chocolate.
You can peel the orange zest with a potato peeler and then slice the zest into really thin strips to place on top
Then top with the pistachios and chopped bittersweet chocolate (which is really easy to do with just a few chocolate chips)
And don’t forget the ice cream! This Pistachio Olive Oil Cake Recipe pairs really well with some high-quality vanilla ice cream.
MORE EASTER DESSERTS!
Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a rating and review below
- ¾ cup (110 g) raw pistachios, shelled
- 1 cup (120 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (120 ml) olive oil
- ½ cup (100 g) sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) water
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) zest of orange
- ¼ cup (60 ml) fresh orange juice
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Orange Zest, 2 large peels created with a potato peeler, and sliced into thin strips
- Dusting of Powdered Sugar
- 2 tbsp raw pistachios (shelled), roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven 350F (175C).
- Lightly spray tart tins with baking spray and set aside.
- In a coffee grinder, or food processor grind the pistachios until a “flour” forms. Set aside.
- Sift the pistachio flour with a fine meshed sieve, over a medium bowl. The large pieces of pistachio that remain can be re-ground into flour and then added to the mix.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt over the pistachio flour. Whisk all the dry ingredients together until combined and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add eggs, olive oil, sugar, water, orange zest and juice. Whisk to combine.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients, to the wet ingredients, whisking gently until just combined.
- Place tart tins on a baking sheet. Scoop out batter with an ice cream scoop filling each tin ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for 15-17 mins until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cakes to cool. Keep at room temperature in the tins, covered loosely with foil until ready to serve.
- To serve, remove cake from tin, remember to remove the bottom of the tin as well. Dust top of the cake with powdered sugar.
- Peel off some orange zest with a potato peeler and slice into very thin strips, like a toothpick. Garnish cakes with 2-3 orange zest strips, a few chopped pistachios and a little chopped bittersweet chocolate. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 663Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 423mgCarbohydrates: 80gFiber: 5gSugar: 47gProtein: 12g