There’s nothing better on a lazy Sunday than to satisfy that chocolate craving and whip up a big batch of these! Just be sure you have friends and family to share these brownies with, otherwise left unsupervised you might just find yourself eating the whole pan, they are that good! 🙂
There are 7 Tips for getting an awesome fudgy brownie, the first of which involves switching up the chocolates.
I think the best mix is a combination of bittersweet chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate. I really love the Ghirardelli brand because it’s great quality chocolate you can find at any major grocery store.
For the next 6 tips to achieve chocolatey, fudgy greatness you can watch my video tutorial below where I explain each one!
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe! (it’s free!) and new videos post each Saturday!
I also think these brownies are even better the next day, or left in the fridge overnight, since it gives the brownies a chance to really set up and become even chewier. This a great one to bring to co-workers on Monday morning and help ease the “Monday Morning Blues” and brighten the week ahead!
- 4 oz (112 g) semi-sweet chocolate
- 12 oz (336 g) bittersweet chocolate
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vanilla extract
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) instant coffee
- 1 cup (240 g) of unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (200 g) of sugar
- ¾ cup (90 g) of flour
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) salt
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) baking soda
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Powdered Sugar for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F. (190 C)
- Melt chocolate and butter in a sauce pan on low. Add vanilla and instant coffee, stir to combine. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Beat eggs and sugar together until smooth. Add chocolate mixture and beat until smooth. Then add flour mixture, beat until smooth.
- Transfer into a 11 x 16 x 1 pan, lined with parchment paper. Pour batter into pan, and smooth with a spatula.
- Bake 10 mins exactly. Allow to cool for at least 30 mins to 1 hour, but overnight even better! (they will get chewier)
- Cut into 3 x 3 squares, sprinkle with powdered sugar (icing sugar)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 121 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 67mg Sodium: 32mg Carbohydrates: 14g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 7g Protein: 4g