If you are looking for an easy weeknight dinner to move through your rotation, you must try my Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe!
This is a quick and easy stir fry recipe that will feed a family of 4 with kids or a great dinner idea for two. The steps are quick and easy!
STEP#1: PREP INGREDIENTS
You’ll prep all your ingredients so they are ready to go this is what makes a stir fry recipe go fast, have everything measured out ahead of time!
STEP#2: MIX CASHEW CHICKEN SAUCE
The sauce gets its great sweet and salty taste by mixing a combination of soy sauce, hoisin sauce, rice wine vinegar, honey and garlic.
And don’t skimp on the garlic! I use the full 3 cloves the recipe calls for, but if you aren’t a big garlic fan, you can get away with one clove, but do add at least one since you’ll get a great depth of flavor from the garlic.
STEP#3: BROWN THE CHICKEN
You’ll then brown your chicken on all sides, but don’t worry about cooking it all the way through just yet. You’ll finish cooking it in a later step.
STEP#4: ADD THE PEPPERS
Toss in your peppers and cook until warmed through
STEP#5: ADD THE SAUCE
Pour in your sauce to coat the chicken and peppers
STEP#5 ADD CASHEWS AND SCALLIONS
And you’re done!!
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL (and never miss a recipe!)
- 2 tbsp (30ml) vegetable oil, separated
- 2 ½ lbs (1130g) chicken tenders, cut into bite-sized chunks
- ¼ cup (30g) cornstarch
- 1 tsp (5ml) salt
- freshly cracked pepper
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup (60ml) hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp (30ml) soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5ml) rice wine vinegar
- ½ tsp (2.5ml) honey
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup (100g) cashews
- 2 scallions (white and green parts) sliced
- Whisk together cornstarch, salt and pepper. Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Mix whisk together the ingredients for the sauce. Prep the peppers, and the scallions and measure out the cashews.
- Have all your components ready to go, and then heat 1 tbsp of vegetable oil in a large non-stick pan or wok. Cook the chicken in batches (add fresh oil each time) until the chicken is golden brown on both sides and almost cooked through. Transfer to a bowl until all the chicken has been browned.
- Then place the cooked chicken back into the wok, add the peppers and the sauce, continue to cook until chicken is cooked through.
- Toss in cashews and scallions. Stir to combine and warm.
- Transfer to a large serving platter and serve with rice or steamed broccoli drizzled with toasted sesame oil and sesame seeds.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 109 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 4mg Sodium: 72mg Carbohydrates: 7g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g