This 15-minute Chicken Dijon recipe is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal when you need something delicious on the table, fast! It's wonderfully flavorful, using basic ingredients you probably already have on hand.
One of the biggest things I hear from friends who don't cook is always "Oh I would love to learn, but frankly, I don't have the time!". This is how my 15-minute recipe series was born! This recipe is one of my favorites from the series because it's a little bit fancy but SO quick!
If you don't believe me that this dinner can come together that quickly, you can watch my video demo below where I'll show you in REAL-TIME just how easy this dinner gets on the table in 15-minutes or less!
STEP#1: Slice the Chicken Breasts in Half
Thinner meat will always cook quicker! Slice the chicken breasts and then pound them thinly. This will save a lot of time in the cooking process!
STEP#2: Sear the chicken on both sides
Sear the chicken in a non-stick skillet until mostly cooked through. Then set aside to rest. You'll finish cooking them in the next step.
STEP#3: Make the Dijon Sauce
You'll use the pan drippings from the chicken to start the Dijon sauce which is a really simple sauce to make. Just chicken broth, Dijon mustard, heavy cream, and dried Tarragon. Once the sauce is made you'll place the chicken back in the pan to finish cooking through. This will allow you to sautee up the asparagus at the same time.
STEP#4: Plate and Serve!
Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve with the asparagus! And that's all there is to it.
If you have more time to add to this dinner, I highly recommend serving this with my perfectly roasted potatoes it's a winning combo!
MORE GREAT CHICKEN RECIPES!
- Make-Ahead Coq Au Vin
- Crispy Chicken Parmesan
- Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- White Chicken Chili with Cornbread
Please let me know if you make this Chicken Dijon Recipe
by leaving a rating and review below
- 2 Skinless, boneless chicken breast
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) coconut oil
- ½ cup (120 ml) chicken broth
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dried tarragon
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) + 1 tsp (5 ml) heavy cream
- 1 bunch asparagus trimmed
- 2 tsp (10 ml) olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Butterfly chicken breast and then cut it down the center to create 2 chicken cutlets.
- Heat coconut oil in a non-stick skillet until melted and hot.
- Place wax paper on top and pound thinly with a meat tenderizer of rolling pin. Season one side only with salt and pepper. Place chicken breasts in the hot pan and sear until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, wash and trim the asparagus. Pat dry.
- Flip chicken and allow to cook on the other side. Heat olive oil in a stainless steel pan until hot, add asparagus and allow to sautée. Shaking pan periodically to char slightly on all sides.
- Once chicken is cooked through, transfer to a serving plate. Deglaze pan with chicken broth. Whisk in mustard, add tarragon. Simmer and reduce slightly. Ad heavy cream.
- Pour sauce over the chicken and serve with the asparagus on the side.
- If you have the time, My Foolproof Roasted Potatoes really round out this meal! ☺ Roast them first and then keep warm in a 200F oven until rest of meal is ready.
To save even more time you can purchase 4 already pounded chicken cutlets
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
All-Clad D3 Stainless Cookware, 12-Inch Fry Pan with Lid, Tri-Ply Stainless Steel, Professional Grade, Silver, Model:41126
John Boos Block RA03 Maple Wood Edge Grain Reversible Cutting Board, 24 Inches x 18 Inches x 2.25 Inches
All-Clad E785S264/E785S263 HA1 Hard Anodized Nonstick Dishwasher Safe PFOA Free 8 and 10-Inch Fry Pan Cookware Set, 2-Piece, Black
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 217Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 265mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 20g