This 15-minute Chicken Dijon recipe is perfect for a special occasion like a Birthday Dinner or Valentine’s day when these occasions fall on a weeknight! It’s wonderfully flavorful, using basic ingredients you probably already have on hand.
One of the biggest things I hear from friends who don’t cook is always “Oh I would love to learn, but frankly I don’t have the time!”
This is how my 15-minute recipe series was born! This recipe is one of my favorite from the series, because it’s a little but fancy, but SO quick!
If you don’t believe me that this dinner can come together that quickly, you can watch my video demo below where I’ll show you in REAL TIME just how easy this dinner gets on the table in 15-minutes or less!
If you have more time to add to this dinner, I highly recommend serving this with my perfectly roasted potatoes it’s a winning combo!
MORE GREAT CHICKEN RECIPES!
- Make-Ahead Coq Au Vin
- Crispy Chicken Parmesan
- Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- White Chicken Chili with Cornbread
Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a rating and review belowPrint
15-minute chicken dijon. A great weeknight meal when you want something a little bit special, but extra quick!
- 2 Skinless, boneless chicken breast
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) coconut oil
- ½ cup (120 ml) chicken broth
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dried tarragon
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) + 1 tsp (5 ml) heavy cream
- 1 bunch asparagus trimmed
- 2 tsp (10 ml) olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Butterfly chicken breast and then cut it down the center to create 2 chicken cutlets.
- Heat coconut oil in a non-stick skillet until melted and hot.
- Place wax paper on top and pound thinly with a meat tenderizer of rolling pin. Season one side only with salt and pepper. Place chicken breasts in the hot pan and sear until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, wash and trim the asparagus. Pat dry.
- Flip chicken and allow to cook on the other side. Heat olive oil in a stainless steel pan until hot, add asparagus and allow to sautée. Shaking pan periodically to char slightly on all sides.
- Once chicken is cooked through, transfer to a serving plate. Deglaze pan with chicken broth. Whisk in mustard, add tarragon. Simmer and reduce slightly. Ad heavy cream.
- Pour sauce over the chicken and serve with the asparagus on the side.
- If you have the time, My Foolproof Roasted Potatoes really round out this meal! ☺ Roast them first and then keep warm in a 200F oven until rest of meal is ready.
To save even more time you can purchase 4 already pounded chicken cutlets
Keywords: Chicken Dijon Recipe, Chicken Dijon, Easy Chicken Dijon Recipe