Would you like something totally delicious?! Then try this Peanut Butter Sauce for Ice Cream. It has to be the easiest ice cream topping out there because it uses pantry basics I bet you already have sitting in your pantry as we speak?
It's a cross between a peanut butter sauce and a caramel sauce, and when drizzled over some rich, chocolate ice cream the results are out-of-this-world!
Watch My Video Demo of This Recipe Below!
Subscribe to My YouTube Channel and never miss a video!
Step#1: Add Water and Sugar
You'll simmer the water and sugar in a saucepot with a high profile until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is clear.
Step#2: Add the Peanut Butter
Make sure your peanut butter is pure peanut butter without a ton of other ingredients in it! It should only have Peanuts and or Salt listed as ingredients.
Otherwise, it might affect its ability to work correctly in this recipe. The heat from the sugar water will easily melt the peanut butter when you whisk it in. For a chunkier sauce use chunky peanut butter!
Step#3: Heat Until Syrupy!
Continue to whisk the sauce on medium-high. It will bubble and rise up like a witch's brew! (This is why you want a high-profile pot so it doesn't boil over). This is the sugar water caramelizing and you want to make sure you give it enough time to work its magic.
It could take 5-10 minutes. Continue to whisk constantly and don't walk away from it! Otherwise, it will scorch and burn.
Step#4: Check for Consistency
Once your sauce reaches a thick consistency where it will coat the back of a spoon and drizzle, it's ready! Serve at warm to room temperature. Otherwise, the hot caramel aspect of this sauce will melt the ice cream too quickly!
Serve over some chocolate ice cream and top with peanuts and chocolate chunks for the ultimate experience!
More Great Summer Recipes!
If You Enjoyed This Recipe
Please Leave a Rating and a Review Below!
- ¾ cup (180ml) water
- ¾ cup (150g) sugar
- ½ cup (120ml) peanut butter
- ¼ tsp (1.25ml) vanilla extract
- Optional Garnish:
- Roasted, unsalted peanuts
- Chopped Bittersweet Chocolate
- In a medium-sized saucepan add the water and sugar. Simmer until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is clear and bubbling. Then add the peanut butter.
- Whisk on medium-high until the mixture bubbles like a witches brew! Keep whisking and simmering for 5-10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened into a rich ice cream sauce. Then add the vanilla.
- Allow to cool slightly until it is warm but not hot.
- Drizzle over chocolate ice cream and top with roasted unsalted peanuts and chocolate chunks!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 182Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 10mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 7g