Light and crisp blueberry waffle recipe thanks to a secret ingredient. Perfect for Mother’s Day or weekend brunch. Includes recipe video.
How do you make homemade waffles?
Everyone needs a great blueberry waffle recipe in their weekend breakfast repertoire! This recipe (thanks to a secret ingredient!) creates the lightest, most delicate waffles. Not those heavy, doughy waffles you tend to get with a mix.
For a few extra steps (that are easy!) a homemade waffle is definitely worth the effort!
Can you make homemade waffles ahead of time?
These can also be made ahead and kept in a 200F oven until you get enough of them to serve a crowd.
They will be gobbled up in minutes! This is also a great Mother’s Day breakfast recipe for Mom on Mother’s Day 🙂
WATCH MY BLUEBERRY WAFFLE RECIPE VIDEO BELOW
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe (it’s free!) and new videos post each Saturday!
Please let me know if you make this blueberry waffle recipe by leaving a rating and review below.
- 1 ½ cup (180g) flour
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2.5ml) baking soda
- ½ tsp (2.5ml) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (240 ml) of milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 7 tbsp (105 ml) melted butter
- ¾ cup (180 ml) club soda
- 1 cup (150 g) of fresh blueberries
- 1 tsp (5 ml) fresh lemon zest
- powdered sugar for garnish
- pure maple syrup, warmed
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, soda, salt and sugar.
- Add the eggs, milk and vanilla, melted butter and club soda.
- Toss the lemon zest with the blueberries and fold into the batter.
- Heat waffle iron to medium-high heat, pour ¼ cup of batter into each well allow to set for 15 secs then lower top to close and cook.
- Dust with powdered sugar, top with butter and drizzle with warmed maple syrup.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 141 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 50mg Sodium: 77mg Carbohydrates: 16g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 15g Protein: 2g