This pumpkin spice waffles recipe is the perfect fall treat to kick off “pumpkin season”! Blueberry Waffles are a favorite breakfast recipe in the summer but when the weather turns cool there’s something so comforting about a pumpkin waffle.
And to celebrate the pumpkin season, I am collaborating with one of my favorite chefs, Billy Parisi!
Billy is going to show you how to make his amazing, 6 Layer Rum Pumpkin Cake with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting.
I know how insanely good does this cake look?! I’m drooling. You can watch his full video below!
And for my part, I’m going to show you how to make these scrumptious Pumpkin Spice Waffles!
How do you keep waffles crispy?
The secret ingredient to a crispy waffle…..is club soda! Yep, that’s it. A little club soda in waffle batter does wonders!
It creates these waffles that are crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside! Such a great trick I learned from my Aunt Nancy 🙂
These waffles also freeze beautifully. So you can make a big batch of them, pop in a ziplock bag and reheat in the oven at 350F until warmed through, or pop in your toaster.
They also make for a great dessert too! Either as an ice cream sundae base with a little homemade caramel sauce…
Or as an ice cream sandwich!
More Pumpkin Recipes!
- Extra Moist Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Pumpkin Pie with Marshmallow Topping
- Pumpkin and Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE
BY LEAVING A RATING AND REVIEW BELOW
- 1 ¾ cup (210g) flour
- 1 tbsp(7g) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2.5ml) baking soda
- 1 tbsp (7g) pumpkin pie spice*
- 3 tbsp (38g) sugar
- ½ tsp (2.5ml) salt
- 1 cup (240ml) milk
- 7 tbsp (105 ml) melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp (15ml) vanilla
- 1 cup (240ml) canned pumpkin (pure pumpkin puree)
- ¾ cup (180 ml) club soda or sparkling water
- ¼ cup chopped pecans (for garnish)
Homemade Whipped Cream:
- 1 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, sugar and salt. Then add milk, melted butter, egg, vanilla, pumpkin puree and club soda. Mix to combine.
- Lightly grease waffle iron with melted butter. Once iron is hot, ladle just a small amount of batter so that it doesn’t fill the well, this will give you nice irregular edges (like the picture). Once done, pile 3 waffles to a plate, top with a dollop of whipped cream and chopped pecans.
- For Whipped Cream: Place all ingredients in the bowl of an electric mixer and whip until soft peaks form.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 236Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 104mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g