Panna Cottas are not just for dessert, with a few tweaks they make for a great breakfast! Reduce the sugar, add Greek yogurt instead of heavy cream, top with fruits and nuts et voila your new favorite breakfast treat! Makes for a great “fancy brunch item” too!
For a step-by-step tutorial of this recipe you can watch my video tutorial below. SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL (it’s free!) and never miss a recipe! New videos post each Saturday!
I love this recipe because they can be made the day before (in fact they are even better if you make them the day before because they achieve the correct firmness that way) top with nuts and fruits the day of and serve. These are also great made in little tea cups for a baby shower or bridal shower (I made the for my daughter’s sleepover party and they were a big hit with the 10-year-old set!) Enjoy! xxPrint
- 1 cup (240 ml) milk
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- ¼ cup (60 ml) honey
- 1 envelop (.25 ounces) unflavored gelatin or 2 tbsp (30 ml) of Agar Agar Powder
- 2 cups (475 ml) non-fat Greek Yogurt
- mixed pistachio, and dried fruit blend
- Drizzle of honey
- Top with raspberries and shredded coconut
- In a large sauce pan heat the milk, vanilla bean paste and pod, honey and gelatin until fragrant and simmering. Remove vanilla pod.
- In a separate heat safe bowl, place yogurt. Add milk mixture to yogurt and whisk to combine.
- Transfer mixture into a pitcher and pour into 4 glasses just half way. Do not cover. Place in the refrigerator over night.
- Once firm, top with nuts and dried fruits, fresh raspberries and shredded unsweetened coconut