When a long weekend rolls around like 4th of July, chance are you could find yourself with a houseful of guests. If this happens to you, I highly recommend you reach for my Crunchy Brioche French Toast Recipe. This one is a serious crowd pleaser folks!
It takes just a few simple ingredients, most of which, except for maybe the brioche, you probably already have on hand! Dip those thick slices of egg bread into a rich egg and cream custard, flavored with vanilla extract, and then dip into a crunchy concoction of crushed corn flakes, cinnamon and sugar. The results are off the charts!
Personally I think dusted with powdered sugar and berries is all you need for this Crunchy Brioche French Toast Recipe, but of course my children reach for the syrup every single time ha! So the choice is up to you.
WATCH MY CRUNCHY BRIOCHE FRENCH TOAST RECIPE VIDEO
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe! (it’s free!) and new videos post each Saturday.
- 5 slices of thick egg bread, Brioche or Challah
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) heavy cream
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sugar
- 2 cups (300 g) of cornflakes, crushed into a coarse meal
- 3 tbsp (30 g) butter
- Powdered sugar
- 1 cup (150 g) mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)
- In a shallow bowl or pie plate, mix together the eggs, cream, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Place cornflakes in a resealable plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin until a coarse meal forms, transfer to a shallow bowl or pie plate. Toss in sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut bread into thick 1 ½ inch slices and place in egg mixture to soak well on both sides, allowing egg mixture to absorb into bread. Then transfer to the corn flake mixture and coat well on both sides.
- Place a pat of butter in a skillet, once sizzling add bread and allow to cook for a few minutes on each side until golden brown. Transfer to a cookie sheet and once all slices have been browned in skillet transfer to a 300F (150F) oven for 5-7 minutes to cook any egg that didn’t brown on sides and to crisp up the topping.
- Remove slices from cookie sheet, dust with powdered sugar. Cut on the diagonal, arranged on plate and top with fresh berries!