If you’re looking for a great muffin recipe to serve at your next brunch or book club meeting, this little morsel is a great one! My Cappuccino Muffin Recipe was inspired after seeing these darling newspaper cup liners online (the links in this post go to Amazon where I am an affiliate partner). I thought wouldn’t that be fun to serve some type of coffee-inspired muffin in them so you could have your “coffee and morning paper” at the same time? 🙂 And with that the Cappuccino Muffin Recipe was born!
They bake up so light and fluffy and are moist and flavorful inside. I prefer to use espresso powder but you could also use instant coffee too.
For a step-by-step tutorial of this recipe you can watch my video below.Print
- 2 1/3 cups (280 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup (180 ml) hot water
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) espresso powder or instant coffee
- ¼ cup (60 ml) milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (200 g) sugar
- ¾ cup (180 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425F (218 g).
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine hot water and espresso powder, stir to dissolve. Add milk, stir to combine and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar and oil. Then slowly add the coffee mixture, stir to combine. Then add the dry ingredients in thirds, whisking gently until smooth. Add chocolate chips, stir to combine.
- Place the muffin papers in a 12-cup muffin tin. Fill each cup half way.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes until risen and set. Serve with your favorite cup of coffee.