If you need a quick and easy muffin recipe for Easter Sunday, this one is it! Simple enough even for beginners, this is a muffin that packs a powerful punch. Lightly sweeten with just the right about of sugar and lemon, and that slightly tart tang coming from the strawberries.
WATCH MY VIDEO DEMO OF THIS MUFFIN RECIPE BELOW!
The texture is so light and fluffy (the secret is combining butter, oil and water) it’s my favorite kind of recipe; something that is so simple, yet so good, it will impress your guests every single time!
For a step-by-step tutorial of this recipe you can watch my video demo below. SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL (it’s free!) and never miss a recipe! New videos post each Saturday!
MORE GREAT MUFFIN RECIPES!
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU MAKE THIS MUFFIN RECIPE BY LEAVING A RATING AND REVIEW BELOW!
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup (180 ml) melted butter
- ¼ cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) water
- ¾ cup (150g) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) lemon zest
- 1 ¾ cup (210 g) flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2.5ml) salt
- 1 cup (150g) fresh strawberries, diced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) turbindao (raw) sugar
- Dusting Powdered Sugar
- Preheat Oven to 425F (218C).
- In a large bowl mix together the eggs, butter, oil, water, sugar and lemon zest. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, in thirds, until combined.
- Scoop batter into muffins tins lined with muffin papers. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar
- Bake 16-18 mins until golden brown and risen.