These Snickerdoodle Muffins are the perfect treat for a weekend brunch. They are soft, fluffy, filled with buttery vanilla flavor, and topped with crackly cinnamon sugar.
If you love the flavor of a Snickerdoodle Cookie, then you'll love these muffins! They even have the same crackly tops!
How to Make an Extra Moist Muffin
- The secret to getting an extra moist muffin is the balance of fats.
- I use ¾ cup of melted butter for flavor and ⅓ cup of vegetable oil for increased moisture and lightness.
- The other secret is the addition of water, instead of milk. It will make your muffin so light and fluffy!
- This is the same technique I use in my Strawberry Lemon Muffins, Blueberry Muffins and Orange Pecan Crumb Muffins.
A Two-Bowl Recipe
One of the best things about this recipe is that it's a 2-bowl operation! No electric mixers needed! Just 2 bowls and a whisk. To whisk up the batter I love using a Danish Dough Whisk. I use it for mixing up muffin batters or my Blueberry Scone dough, because they mix without over-mixing!
Watch My Snickerdoodle Muffin Video Demo
Jumbo Muffins vs. Standard Muffins
- When entertaining I love to bake muffins in a Jumbo Muffin tin because it makes them feel extra special, like a coffee shop muffin.
- You can also buy Jumbo muffin papers too, which I also use to keep the muffins from forming hard exteriors and drying out.
- But this recipe will also make 12 muffins in a standard muffin tin.
Serving and Storing Suggestions
- Once the muffins are baked, allow them to cool for at least 10-15 minutes.
- These muffins will be fragile, until they cool and set up.
- These muffins also freeze beautifully! Once they are completely cooled you can transfer them to a resealable freezer bag and freeze up to 1 month.
- To reheat, wrap muffin in a paper towel, and place it in the microwave. Microwave the muffin on high for :30 second intervals until warmed through.
Yield: 6 jumbo muffins
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
If you like snickerdoodle cookies you'll LOVE these snickerdoodle muffins! Light and fluffy on the inside and crackly and full of cinnamon flavor on the outside.
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup (150g) sugar
- ¾ cup (177 ml) melted butter
- ⅓ cup (79 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (177 ml) water
- 1 ¾ cup (210 g) flour
- 2 teaspoon (10 ml) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt
- ½ teaspoon (2.5ml) Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon (10ml) Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F (175C).
- Line a 6-cup jumbo muffin tin (or a 12-cup regular tin) with muffin papers and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, sugar, melted butter, oil, vanilla and water. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, in thirds, whisking together until combined.
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl until combined.
- Fill the muffin papers with an ice cream scoop ¾ of the way full.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on top of the batter
- Bake for 25-27 minutes until risen, slightly cracked and a toothpick comes out clean.
- If making 12 regular sized muffins bake for 16-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 43Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 35mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 2g
To get my Easy Summer BBQ Menu!
I made the Snickersdoodle muffins. It's good but it was to too much oil. 2nd time I changed the oil from 1/3 cup to a 1/4 cup. The quality was better. I add 1 teaspoon of ginger for a bite. I love it with a cup of tea.
I love your videos, you have great energy and are so inspiring. Do you have plans to publish a cookbook?
Thanks for your time,
Aww thanks Kristi! I'm SO glad you enjoy them! And YES, funny enough I have been working on my Cookbook Proposal all month and I'm in the middle of designing the presentation for my agent to take to publishers as we speak! So fingers crossed a publisher says YES! :). You all will be the first to know when I hear back! Keep you posted! xxoo
How would I adjust baking time if I did 12 regular muffins versus 6 jumbo?
I would check them around the 16-17 minutes mark 🙂 but they may go as long as 20 minutes. Hope you enjoy!