This Lemon Pound Cake Recipe is a fantastic Cake Recipe to make during the spring! It’s light and fluffy and so incredibly moist! It’s the type of cake that is perfect for baby showers, Mother’s Day or Easter Sunday!
Find more Easter recipes in my Top 10 Easter Recipes post!
Living in California, I’m am fortunate to be surrounding my citrus trees. They are the prized possessions in my garden, and twice a year I am treated to a bountiful harvest of fruit!
One of my favorite ways to use up these lemons is either with homemade lemonade or my moist and delicious Lemon Pound Cake Recipe. It’s quick, it’s easy, and oh so good! It makes for a great cake for Mother’s Day, or Baby or Bridal showers!
For a step-by-step tutorial watch my recipe video below
Subscribe to my YouTube channel and never miss out!
- 1 cup butter (240g), softened
- 2 ½ cups (500g) sugar
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon zest
- 2 ¾ cups (330g) sifted flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) baking soda
- 1 cup (240 ml) sour cream, room temperature
- 1 cup (100 g) of powdered sugar
- 2-4 tbsp (30ml-60ml) heavy cream (depending on how thick you like it)
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- a sprinkle of Lemon Thyme (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F/176C degrees.
- Spray on Bundt pan with baking spray.
- Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder and set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar until very light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs to the butter mixture, 1 at a time. For a quick way to warm up eggs to room temperature, place them in a bowl with warm water for 5 mins while butter is creaming together).
- Add the eggs 1 at a time, scrapping down the bowl as needed, so that the eggs are well incorporated.
- Add zest and stir
- Then remove the electric mixer and with a spatula, fold in the flour mixture to the batter in thirds, alternating with a spoonful of the sour cream. just until combined, being careful not to over mix! (or your cake will be tough)
- Bake for 35-40 mins. It’s done when a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool completely. Reverse from mold and place on a sheet pan, fitted with a cooling rack.
- Place sugar in a bowl, whisk in heavy cream until smooth and no lumps appear. Then add juice. Spoon over cake until it drips over the sides. Garnish with lemon zest and lemon thyme. Allow to set.
- Serve with homemade whipped cream! (a few fresh strawberries, raspberries, blueberries or blackberries served alongside is also great with this too!)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 365Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 148mgSodium: 162mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 7g