This is a delicious, and easy lemon blueberry bundt cake recipe that whips up in a flash. No electric mixer needed! It will become your new favorite brunch recipe because it’s so quick to make and everyone always devours it in minutes!
It’s light and moist and so fluffy too! You’ll also love how the bundt pan does all the work for you! It gives it a beautiful shape that’s easy to slice and serve a crowd.
WATCH MY VIDEO ON THIS LEMON BLUEBERRY BUNDT CAKE RECIPE
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel and never miss a recipe! (It’s free!)
STEP #1: Mix the Wet Ingredients
In a large mixing bowl, you’ll whisk together the eggs, butter, sugar, and lemon zest. Instead of milk I always add a little bit of water to my cake and muffin batters. The water creates such a light and moist crumb to any cake or muffin!
STEP#2: Mix the Dry Ingredients
Whisk together the dry ingredients and add it to your wet ingredients, in thirds. At this stage, I’m always reminded why I love this recipe so much, the fact that it only takes two bowls and a whisk to whip it up!
STEP#3: Add the Blueberries
Fold in the blueberries gently so that they do not break. You could use frozen blueberries if you don’t have fresh. There’s no need to thaw them first, just stir them in gently so they do not run, otherwise, you’ll have a purple batter!
STEP#4: Transfer Batter to Bundt Pan
Be sure your bundt pan is a 10-cup pan and has been sprayed well with baking spray. Even if your pan is non-stick, you must have the baking spray! I know our Grandmothers swear by the butter and flour method, but I say if you want a bundt cake to release effortlessly embrace the baking spray!
There are so many crevices with a bundt pan, and this style bundt pan, in particular, is great because it allows for slicing both small and large slices. Perfect for those guests who always say “Oh just a sliver!”.
A great bundt pan is a fantastic tin to have in the “baking equipment arsenal” simply because it does all the work for you! It looks so beautiful and can elevate a simple cake recipe into a beautiful masterpiece.
Bake your cake at 350F for 45-50 minutes.
How do you know when a bundt cake is baked?
Bundt cakes can be hard to determine when they are fully baked. Simply because the bundt pan is so deep. But I have found the best way to tell is with a long shish kebab skewer!
A toothpick just doesn’t cut it. If it comes out clean after inserting the skewer all the way down into the cake at the center, you are good to go.
STEP#6: Dust with powdered sugar and serve
I love to serve this bundt cake with lightened sweetened whipped cream.
It’s the perfect complement to the tartness of the berries and lemon zest. Enjoy!
MORE GREAT BRUNCH RECIPES!
- Foolproof Madeleine Recipe
- Crunchy Brioche French Toast
- Easy Strawberry Napoleon
- Banana Muffins with 3 Toppings
Please let me know if you make this Bundt Cake recipe
by leaving a rating and review below!
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (240g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ½ cups (300 g) sugar
- ½ cup (120 ml) water
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon zest
- 2 2/3 cups (320 g) flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 cup (240 ml) blueberries
- powdered sugar for dusting cake once baked
HOMEMADE WHIPPED CREAM:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a large bowl combine eggs, butter, sugar, water and lemon zest. Whisk to combine.
- In a smaller bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, in thirds, mixing gently to combine. Fold in blueberries, mix to combine.
- Pour batter into a Bundt pan that has been sprayed with baking spray.
- Bake at 350F (176C) for 45-50 mins until golden brown and a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely. Reverse cake onto a cooling rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve with homemade whipped cream.
- For Whipped Cream: Combine all ingredients and whip with an electric mixer until soft peaks form
If you have any leftovers this cake freezes beautifully! Just wrap in wax paper and then in tin foil. Then thaw in the fridge the night before and rewarm for freshness in a 300F oven.
Fresh blueberries are best but if you have to use frozen, just be sure you don't over mix them into the cake or it will turn blue!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- TEEVEA ((Upgraded) 3 Pack Very Sturdy Kitchen Stainless Steel Balloon Wire Set Egg Beater for for Blending Whisking Beating Stirring Cooking Baking,
- John Boos Block RA03 Maple Wood Edge Grain Reversible Cutting Board, 24 Inches x 18 Inches x 2.25 Inches
- Fazenda Acacia Wood Cake Stand
- Pam Baking Spray, 5 fl oz (2)
- Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece Set, Nesting, Microwave and Dishwasher Safe)
- Nordic Ware ProForm Bundt Pan with Handles, 12 Cup
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 351Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 170mgSodium: 86mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 0gSugar: 22gProtein: 5g