When it comes to creating a spectacular looking cake, you can’t beat a Bundt pan to help you get that WOW factor. Seriously, folks these pans do all the work for you!
I’m using a pan from Nordic Ware, I think they make the best Bundt pans, their designs are just terrific! You can find this model known as a “Crown Pan” in my Amazon Store (this links goes to Amazon where I am an affiliate partner)
There is something so empowering about that very moment when you release the cake from the pan and you see a perfect design emerge! It’s like magic!
I like to decorate this cake with a cream cheese frosting and some rustic looking dehydrated apples. Which are easier to make than you might think, you can make bake them in the oven and you just need a 2 hour time-span (recipe follows).
Not only is this cake beautiful it is so delicious too! Incredibly moist and flavorful it’s the perfect fall cake for Thanksgiving or holiday entertaining.
For a step-by-step demonstration of this cake you can watch my video tutorial below.Print
- 1 ½ cup (270 g) brown sugar
- ¾ cup (180 ml) vegetable oil
- ¼ cup (60 ml) molasses
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup (120 ml) apple sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- ½ cup (120 ml) water
- 2 cups (240 g) flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 ½ tsp (7.5ml) ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp (7.5 ml) ground ginger
- ½ tsp (2.5ml) ground cloves
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) nutmeg
- For Garnish:
- 2 Honeycrisp Apples, sliced horizontally into slices
- For Glaze:
- ¼ cup (48 g) whipped cream cheese
- 1 tbsp (7 g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-2 tbsp (15-30ml) milk, or more to reach a pourable consistency
- Preheat oven to 200F (93C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice apples into very thin wheels, cutting the apple horizontally.
- Place on baking tray in a single layer. Bake for 1 hour, then flip and bake for 1 hour more. Once done, turn off oven, open oven door and allow to cool for 30 mins. Once done keep at room temperature until ready to decorate cake.
- Preheat Oven to 350F (175C).
- Prepare a Bundt pan with baking spray (preferably the spray that also has flour in it) coating with a pastry brush to get into all the nooks and crannies and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the brown sugar, vegetable oil, molasses, 4 eggs, apple sauce, vanilla and water.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk gently to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared Bundt pan. Bake for 35-40 mins until a long skewer comes out clean.
- Once completely cooled, transfer to a cooling rack.
- Prepare the glaze by mixing the cream cheese with the powdered sugar and vanilla, whisk until smooth. Add milk and whisk until frosting is pourable, may need to add more milk depending upon which brand of cream cheese you use, some brands are denser than others.
- Ladle glaze over the top of the cake crown, allowing it to drip over the sides. Top with the dehydrated apples, transfer to cake stand. Enjoy!