One of my favorite breakfast treats on a lazy weekend morning is this Dutch Baby Pancake Recipe.
For me, they are best enjoyed topped with fresh lemon juice and powdered sugar. But they are also pretty great with strawberry jam as well.
Watch My Video Demo of This Recipe Below!
How do you make Dutch baby pancakes?
Dutch baby pancakes are easy to put together and always receive rave reviews! But you need to work fast since they are best enjoyed straight out of the oven. So make sure everyone is seated before you present this pancake to the table since they will deflate the longer they sit.
To make the batter you will whisk up a simple mixture of flour, milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract and melted butter.
The nice thing about this recipe is that you probably have all of the ingredients already on-hand! This makes them a great last-minute breakfast idea that always wows a crowd.
Can you make a Dutch baby without a cast iron skillet?
Yes you can also make a Dutch baby in a metal cake pan that is 9-10″. Just follow the same instructions as if it were a skillet.
Once your batter is made, you will carefully pour it into a hot skillet, sizzling with butter and bake until cooked through and the pancake is puffed up.
TIP: Make sure the edges are really golden brown and crispy before removing the pancake from the oven. This will ensure that the center is cooked through and isn’t too eggy.
Then carefully remove the skillet from the oven, making sure the pancake doesn’t deflate on the way to the table! Then dust with confectioners sugar, cut into wedges and serve!
MORE BRUNCH RECIPES!
Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a rating and review below
- 3 tbsp (45g) unsalted butter
- ½ cup (60 g) of flour
- ¼ tsp (1.75ml) salt
- 1 tbsp (12g) sugar
- 1 cup (240 ml) of milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp (7g) powdered sugar garnish
- Preheat Oven to 400F (200C)
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour and the milk until smooth, then add the eggs, salt, sugar and vanilla. Whisk to combine and then set aside.
- Place butter in an oven safe skillet, place skillet in the pre-heated oven. Watch pan closely and once butter is sizzling, pour batter into pan. Shut the door (do not open!) and allow pancake to bake for 16-18 mins.
- Remove from oven, and dust with powdered sugar.
- Cut into wedges and serve. With fresh lemon wedges (or raspberry jam)
The pancake deflates quickly! So be sure everyone is at the table before you take it out and present it!
You can make the batter the night before and then all you have to do s pour into the hot skillet and bake!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 140 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 81mg Sodium: 91mg Carbohydrates: 12g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Protein: 5g
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel and never miss a recipe! (It’s free!)