Homemade hummus is something that is definitely worth the effort! Once you made it homemade, you’ll never be satisfied with store-bought ever again.
It takes just a few ingredients and a food processor to get restaurant-quality results! Served with some grilled flatbreads, sprinkled with sea salt, is my favorite way to enjoy this recipe! It also can be made hours ahead of time, making it ideal for entertaining. Enjoy!
For a step-by-step tutorial watch video below. Subscribe to my YouTube Channel and never miss a recipe! (New videos post each Saturday!)
- 30 ounces (844 g) of canned chickpeas, drained
- ½ cup (120 ml) water
- ⅔ cup (160 ml) of tahini
- ½ cup (120 ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 ½ (7.5 ml) tsp salt
- 2 tsp (10 ml) cumin
- ½ cup (120 ml) of olive oil + 1 tbsp (15 ml) for pita bread
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) of liquid for thinning (lemon juice, water or more olive oil)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) of Italian Flat Leaf Parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 package of your favorite pita bread
- Sprinkling of fleur de sel sea salt
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Set aside 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of chickpeas for garnish.
- Whirl remaining chickpeas and water in food processor until smooth.
- Add tahini, lemon, garlic, salt and cumin. Pulse until combined and smooth. While the machine is running, slowly add ½ cup (120 ml) of the oil.
- Transfer into a serving bowl, drizzle with a little more olive oil, garnish with fresh parsley and sprinkle with cumin.
- Brush pita bread with remaining oil and sea salt and grill on both sides.
- Serve grilled bread with the hummus.
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel and never miss a recipe! (It’s free!)