One of my favorite ways to make pancakes is by adding ricotta cheese. Pancakes made this way turn out to be some of the lightest, fluffiest pancakes around!
These pancakes are the perfect way to spoil Mom on Mother’s Day and pair beautifully with an easy raspberry sauce on top.
For a step-by-step tutorial you can watch my video below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel and never miss a recipe!Print
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (240 ml) of ricotta cheese
- 1 ½ (180 g) c of flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- ½ (2.5 ml) tsp salt
- 1 (15 ml) tbsp sugar
- 1 ¾ (420 ml) cup of milk
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) melted butter
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon zest
- powdered sugar for dusting
- 6-8 slices of lemons and 6-8 fresh mint sprigs for garnish
- 12 0z (340 g) fresh raspberries (reserve about 10 for garnishes)
- 2 tbsp (25 g) sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) water
- In a medium sauce pan, combine raspberries, sugar and water. Heat over medium low flame and stir occasionally to break up the berries and form a sauce. Keep warm on a low flame until pancakes are ready.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs and ricotta cheese until smooth.
- In a separate smaller bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Add milk, whisk until smooth.
- Pour flour mixture into your egg ricotta mixture until combined and then add melted butter and lemon zest. Stir until smooth.
- Heat griddle on a medium-high flame until hot. You will know when it’s ready when a drop of water sizzles and bounces on the pan. Grease lightly with oil.
- Ladle out batter to form a 3-4 inch pancake. Once you see edges begin to dry and pancake bubble, flip the pancake. Cook on the opposite side for 1-2 mins.
- Stack 3-4 pancakes high. Dust with powdered sugar, and drizzle raspberry sauce over the top. Garnish with fresh raspberries on top and a sliced lemon and mint sprig on the side.