Pumpkin Cupcakes aren’t always the first thought for a Thanksgiving dessert, but I must say I’m convinced they can be an easy way to go. First off, they are a crowd pleaser for both kids and adults alike and second of all there is not slicing involved, just bring to the table and serve!
Sprinkled with nutmeg and topped with a pecan, they are a festive and flavorful bite!
For a step-by-step tutorial of this recipe you can watch my video below. SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe (it’s free!) and new videos post each Saturday!
This recipe uses pumpkin pie spice. If you live outside the U.S. and can’t find this jarred spice blend, not to worry you can make your own.
If you are looking for the gold liner, which I think adds a nice fancy touch to these cupcakes you can find them here (this link goes to Amazon where I am an affiliate partner)
- FOR CUPCAKES:
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup (150 g) sugar
- ½ cup (120 ml) pure pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) canola or vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) melted butter
- ½ cup (120 ml) of water
- 1⅓ cup (160 g) of all purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) baking soda
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) pumpkin pie spice
- FOR FROSTING:
- 1 8oz (230 g) package cream cheese
- ½ cup (50 g) of powdered sugar(or confectioner’s sugar or icing sugar)
- ½ cup (120 ml) heavy cream or whipping cream
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- grated nutmeg to taste
- 12 whole pecans
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C)
- In a large bowl combine eggs, sugar, pumpkin puree, oil butter and water. Whisk to combine.
- In a smaller bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk to combine.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to your wet ingredients, in thirds, whisking gently until combined.
- Line a muffin tin with baking papers. Fill muffin papers ¾ of the way full with an ice cream scoop.
- Bake 18-20 mins until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely.
- For the frosting, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until combined. Add the heavy cream and beat on high until nicely whipped, then add vanilla, whip until combined.
- Transfer frosting to a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe out a nice swirl of frosting. Dust with nutmeg, top with pecan. Enjoy!