Pumpkin Cupcakes aren’t always the first thought for a Thanksgiving dessert, but I must say I’m convinced they can be an easy way to go. First off, they are a crowd pleaser for both kids and adults alike and second of all there is not slicing involved, just bring to the table and serve!
Sprinkled with nutmeg and topped with a pecan, they are a festive and flavorful bite!
For a step-by-step tutorial of this recipe you can watch my video below. SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe (it’s free!) and new videos post each Saturday!
If you are looking for the gold liner, which I think adds a nice fancy touch to these cupcakes you can find them here (this link goes to Amazon where I am an affiliate partner)
- FOR CUPCAKES:
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup (150 g) sugar
- ½ cup (120 ml) pure pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) canola or vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) melted butter
- ½ cup (120 ml) of water
- 1 1/3 cup (160 g) of all purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) baking soda
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) pumpkin pie spice
- FOR FROSTING:
- 1 8oz (230 g) package cream cheese
- ½ cup (50 g) of powdered sugar(or confectioner’s sugar or icing sugar)
- ½ cup (120 ml) heavy cream or whipping cream
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- grated nutmeg to taste
- 12 whole pecans
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C)
- In a large bowl combine eggs, sugar, pumpkin puree, oil butter and water. Whisk to combine.
- In a smaller bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk to combine.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to your wet ingredients, in thirds, whisking gently until combined.
- Line a muffin tin with baking papers. Fill muffin papers ¾ of the way full with an ice cream scoop.
- Bake 18-20 mins until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely.
- For the frosting, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until combined. Add the heavy cream and beat on high until nicely whipped, then add vanilla, whip until combined.
- Transfer frosting to a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe out a nice swirl of frosting. Dust with nutmeg, top with pecan. Enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American