The coming of Easter always calls for a great egg dish, and for me hands down it’s the day for a killer Quiche. In fact, Spring provides you with so many opportunities to whip out your foolproof quiche recipe; from Easter to Mother’s Day to Baby and Bridal showers.
So if you don’t have a killer quiche recipe in your current recipe arsenal, today is your lucky day. Here is my Foolproof Quiche Recipe that gets rave reviews every single time. Happy Spring entertaining!
Need a great quiche pan? Here’s my favorite one.
To watch my step-by-step video tutorial of this recipe Click Here
- For Crust:
- 1 ¼ cups (150 g) flour
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) salt
- ½ cup (150 g) cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) ice water
- For Filling:
- 1 tbsp (15 g) butter
- ½ cup (75 g) yellow onion, diced
- good Pinch of salt
- crackled pepper to taste
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup (240 ml) heavy cream
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- Cracked pepper to taste
- ⅛ tsp (1.75 ml) cayenne pepper for spice or ⅛ tsp (1.75 ml) nutmeg for a more mellow flavor
- ½ cup (60 g) Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 6 0z (170 g) bag baby spinach
- TIP#1: Upgrade from a tart pan to a deep dish Quiche pan. It will send this meal over the top! So elegant and delicious. Make sure it's a removable bottom pan.
- TIP#2: If you don't have a tart pan or a food processor buy a ready made deep dish pie crust, this will work too. Crimp the edges decoratively to look "homemade"
- To make the crust:
- Combine flour and salt in a food processor and pulse. Cut butter into small cubes and add to food processor and pulse.
- Combine eggs with ice water, add to food processor, pulsing until a dough forms. Remove dough and roll into a ball on a floured surface.
- TIP#3: Don't Blind Bake
- Roll the dough out right away and fit into the bottom of the pan, letting the sides flop over. Fit the bottom and sides, and then using back of palm fit into corners. Cut excess off the top so that dough is flush.
- TIP#4: Place pan in the freezer for at least 20 mins, longer is fine too. Dough should not bend to the touch.
- Meanwhile prepare the filling. Melt the butter in a sauté pan. Add onion and sauté until soft. Season with a good pinch of salt and pepper. And spinach and cook until wilted and reduced in size to about 1 cup.
- Crack 10 eggs in a large bowl, whisk together, add the heavy cream and whisk. Then add salt, pepper and cayenne. Whisk to combine.
- Remove spinach mixture from the pan and give it a rough chop, add to the egg mixture. Add the cheese and mix to combine.
- Remove tart pan from freezer and place on a rimmed cookie sheet. Pour filling on top. Place in a 350 degree F oven for 45-50 mins or until golden brown and set (Quiche should not wiggle)
- Allow to cool slightly and serve with a tossed green salad.