If you are looking for an impressive, yet easy, Christmas Cookie Recipe, look no further than my Holiday Shortbread Cookie. The pan does all the work!
There are a lot of shortbread pans you can find online but I really love this design from Nordic Ware.
You press the dough into the pan and bake. It then creates the most beautiful looking cookies. It’s non-stick and easy to use and creates the most beautifully festive snowflake designs. (This link goes to Amazon where I am an affiliate partner)
And all you have to do is slice into panels…
And then slice into squares. These cookies are light and buttery, with a faint hint of orange and did I mention how they just melt in your mouth!
For a step-by-step tutorial of this recipe you can watch my video below. SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe (it’s free) and new videos post each Saturday.Print
- ¾ cup (180 g) butter
- ½ cup (50 g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) salt
- 2 tsp (10 ml) orange zest
- 1 ½ (180g) cups flour
- Whip butter until fluffy, add sugar, beat to combine. Add vanilla, salt and orange zest. Beat together. Add flour. Beat until really well combined.
- Roll into ball. Wrap in parchment or plastic. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Press into pan. Prick with a fork.
- Bake at 325F (175C) 25-27 mins. Allow to cool for 15 mins.
- Place cutting board on top of pan and flip over. Cut shortbread into squares while still warm.