If you are looking for an impressive, yet easy, Christmas Cookie Recipe, look no further than my Holiday Shortbread Recipe.
This is such an impressive holiday cookie that’s SO easy to do because the pan does all the work!
You press the dough into the pan and bake. It then creates the most beautiful looking cookies. There are a few pans that I recommend in the recipe card below.
It’s non-stick and easy to use and creates the most beautifully festive snowflake designs.
And all you have to do is slice into panels…
And then slice into squares. These cookies are light and buttery, with a faint hint of orange and did I mention how they just melt in your mouth!
For a step-by-step tutorial of this recipe, you can watch my video below. SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe (it’s free) and new videos post each Saturday.
Looking for more holiday cookie recipes? You might also enjoy my Chocolate Hazelnut Linzer Cookie
- ¾ cup (180 g) butter
- ½ cup (50 g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) salt
- 2 tsp (10 ml) orange zest
- 1 ½ (180g) cups flour
- Whip butter until fluffy, add sugar, beat to combine. Add vanilla, salt and orange zest. Beat together. Add flour. Beat until really well combined.
- Roll into ball. Wrap in parchment or plastic. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Press into pan. Prick with a fork.
- Bake at 325F (175C) 25-27 mins. Allow to cool for 15 mins.
- Place cutting board on top of pan and flip over. Cut shortbread into squares while still warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 26Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g