The start of a new year calls for trying new things! And I vote for fish for dinner! Specifically, my soy ginger salmon recipe!
For some strange reason, that I don’t quite understand, many people make a pained expression when I suggest “fish for dinner!”, and I can’t understand why?! There are so many amazing ways to cook fish! And it’s extremely fast for a weeknight meal, making it even better!
I met Bart while surfing Instagram one day and came across his amazing short form video recipes, that are shot in the MOST amazing locations. If you don’t already follow Bart on Instagram you must stop what you are doing and head over their and follow him...I’ll wait 🙂
When I saw what he was doing over there, I knew he needed to take his show to YouTube! And I’m so excited to say that he has! You can subscribe to his channel here, and I know you will love him as much as I do.
You can WATCH OUR VIDEO COLLAB HERE!
Below is a recipe to one of my favorite ways to enjoy “fish for dinner!” so come on, get outside your comfort zone and try something new! Why not start with fish for dinner? xxPrint
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) Toasted Sesame Oil
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml)Soy Sauce
- 1 ½ tsp (7.5 ml) honey
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Mirin
- 1 ¼ tsp (6.25 ml) rice wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) fresh ginger grated
- 6 slices of fresh ginger, about 1 inch long (2.5 cm)
- (2) 8 oz (230 g each piece) piece of salmon
- 2 baby bok choys
- ½ cup (75 g) sugar snap peas
- 2 scallions, whites and greens cut into small slices.
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
- In a small bowl mix together the sesame oil, soy sauce, honey, mirin, rice wine vinegar, garlic and ginger. Set aside.
- Then cut 2 18” pieces of heavy parchment paper (45 cm each). Fold in half then cut out a half-heart. Open like a book.
- Place the ginger slices on one half of parchment paper, up the seam. Then, place 1 salmon fillet on top, beside the fish add the baby boy choy that has been cut in half, cut side down. Nestle the snap peas on top. Spoon half the sauce over the fish and veggies. Sprinkle fish with sesame seeds.
- Fold parchment over the cover fish, and starting at one end fold tiny creases along the side, forming a seal, until you have a little fish packet. Repeat the process with the other fillet.
- Place both packets on the baking tray and bake for 10-12 mins for a large 8 oz fillet 8-10 mins for a 6 oz fillet.
- Once done open parchment and top fish with fresh scallions on top. Enjoy!
New recipes uploaded weekly! Subscribe to my YouTube Channel and never miss out! 🙂