Shrimp and Grits is one of the world’s best comfort foods! Those creamy, butter grits spiked with spicy succulent shrimp is a weeknight meal that can’t be beat. Especially since it comes together in 15 minutes or less! LOVE THAT!
The “hardest part” of this recipe is cleaning the shrimp, but you can make this even easier by buying pre-cleaned shrimp. It costs a bit more but sometimes saving time is worth spending a bit more money, I get it.
But don’t skip the hot sauce. That’s really what brings all the flavors together in one powerful punch. You really can use any hot sauce with this, but I found the Louisiana Hot Sauce is my favorite (this link goes to Amazon where I am an affiliate).
It’s not too spicy, and has a really nice tomato flavor that comes along with it. So it’s worth picking up if this recipe becomes a “staple” in your rotation (and after you give this one a whirl I betcha it will!) Enjoy! xx
Interested in a step-by-step demo of my 15-Minute Shrimp and Grits Recipe? You can watch my video tutorial below and we can make it together! Subscribe to my YouTube Channel and never miss a recipe! (It’s free!) and new videos post each Saturday!)
- For Polenta:
- ½ cup (120 ml) polenta
- 1 ½ cup (350 ml) water
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 g) butter
- ¼ cup (22 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- For Shrimp:
- 12 Shrimp
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) Chili Powder
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) oregano, dried
- salt + Pepper to taste
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) fresh lemon zest
- 2 tsp (10 ml) fresh lemon juice
- For Garnish:
- Fresh Parsley
- Louisiana hot sauce or red pepper flakes
- Combine polenta, water and salt in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 6 mins.
- Meanwhile, butterfly shrimp and remove tails. Cut into bit sized chunks.
- In a skillet heat olive oil to medium-high, then add shrimp, cooking until almost cooked all the way through then add spices, zest and the lemon juice, and sauté until fully cooked.
- Once grits are cooked stir in butter and cheese. Pour grits into a bowl, top with shrimp hot sauce and fresh parsley!