One of my favorite breakfast treats on a lazy weekend morning, is a Dutch Baby Pancake. For me they are best enjoyed topped with fresh lemon juice and powdered sugar. But they are pretty great with strawberry jam as well.
They are easy to put together and always receive rave reviews! But you need to work fast since they are best enjoyed straight out of the oven. So make sure everyone is seated before you present it to the table (as they will deflate the longer they sit)
They are a great thing to make when you have house guests because you probably have all of the ingredients already on-hand and they always wow a crowd.
For a step-by-step tutorial you can watch my video demo below. SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe! (it’s free!) and new videos post each Saturday!
- 3 tbsp (45g) unsalted butter
- ½ cup (60 g) of flour
- ¼ tsp (1.75ml) salt
- 1 tbsp (12g) sugar
- 1 cup (240 ml) of milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp (7g) powdered sugar garnish
- Preheat Oven to 400F (200C)
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour and the milk until smooth, then add the eggs, salt, sugar and vanilla. Whisk to combine and then set aside.
- Place butter in an oven safe skillet, place skillet in the pre-heated oven. Watch pan closely and once butter is sizzling, pour batter into pan. Shut the door (do not open!) and allow pancake to bake for 16-18 mins.
- Remove from oven, and dust with powdered sugar.
- Cut into wedges and serve. With fresh lemon wedges (or raspberry jam)
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel and never miss a recipe! (It’s free!)