I love a great cake recipe that can be whipped up in a flash! Especially great are those recipes that don’t require an electric mixer (one less piece of equipment to drag out, and clean!)
This is why I love my Blueberry Lemon Bundt Cake Recipe. It has all the hallmarks of an easy cake that requires “minimum effort, but believers maximum impact”. My kind of recipe!
For a step-by-step demo of this recipe you can watch my video below. SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe! (It’s free!)
This is a great recipe for an easy springtime dessert, or a sweet cake for a brunch. Perfect for Mother’s Day or Easter Sunday. It pairs beautifully with my Cheesy Herby Egg Bake add some Smashed Potatoes and a Greek Yogurt Breakfast Panna Cotta and you’ll have a sensational brunch on your hands 🙂
A great bundt pan is a fantastic tin to have in the “baking equipment arsenal” simply because it does all the work for you! It looks so beautiful and can elevate a simple cake recipe into a beautiful masterpiece.
I really love this classic design by Nordic Ware (the original inventor of the Bundt Cake Tin in the USA) because you can slice both big pieces and small pieces, depending on your guests preferences 🙂 (The link above goes to Amazon where I am an affiliate partner)
- 4 eggs
- 1cup (240g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ½ cups (300 g) sugar
- ½ cup (120 ml) water
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon zest
- 2⅔ cups (320 g) flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 cup (240 ml) blueberries
- powdered sugar for dusting cake once baked
- In a large bowl combine eggs, butter, sugar, water and lemon zest. Whisk to combine.
- In a smaller bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, in thirds, mixing gently to combine. Fold in blueberries, mix to combine.
- Pour batter into a Bundt pan that has been sprayed with baking spray.
- Bake at 350F (176C) for 45-50 mins until golden brown and a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely. Reverse cake onto a cooling rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve with homemade whipped cream.
2 cups heavy cream
2 tbsp powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Combine all ingredients and whip with an electric mixer until soft peaks form