This Vegan Thai Red Curry is a fantastic Holiday Dinner Idea. You can also make the whole thing ahead of time. That’s the best part!
I also think the colors are so beautiful for fall and look extra festive in this stunning pumpkin tureen (source below).
It’s a great idea for a main course because it’s packed with vegetables and becomes really filling when served over brown rice or quinoa.
What vegetables go well with Thai red curry?
I think vegetables that have a combination of starchiness and texture go great with Thai red curry. For me I love to add a combination of sweet potatoes and kale, for a fall twist, and a few garbanzo beans and cauliflower for some additional protein and texture.
Can you make vegan Thai red curry ahead of time?
Yes! That’s the other nice thing about this recipe. The whole thing could be made the day before and just reheated and served the day of Thanksgiving. How’s that for easy! I might just add the kale the day of to prevent it from getting too wilted. Serve your Vegetarian Thai Red Curry over rice et voila, dinner done!
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe! (it’s free!) and new videos post each Saturday.
SHOP THIS EPISODE: (These links go to Amazon where I am an affiliate partner)
For the curry paste I prefer this brand because it is completely vegetarian, you have to red the label with curry paste because some varieties include shrimp paste. For the full-fat coconut milk I love this brand, it’s thicker and creamier than most which will add a terrific richness to this dish and it’s also organic.
And of course who could resist the Staub Pumpkin Cocotte. Sigh…this was just something I had to have. I justified the price by making it a gift to myself for reaching 300,000 subscribers on YouTube! (HUGE THANK YOU to my wonderful community! I never would have made it this far with out you guys. You are the best part of this crazy experience!) This tureen is an heirloom piece just waiting to be passed down. Makes a wonderful holiday gift too! But yes, fair warning, it is pricy!
Looking for another Vegan Thanksgiving entree? Might I suggest my Gardener’s Pie or my Vegan Quinoa Cakes with Corn Puree and Roasted Tomatoes!
Please let me know if you make this Vegetarian Thai Red Curry by leaving a rating and review below
Vegan Thai Red Curry Recipe is a great vegetarian and vegan Thanksgiving Dinner Idea. You can also make the whole thing ahead of time. Includes recipe video too.
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) unflavored cooking oil
- 2 cups (475 ml) white onion, sliced into half moons
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp (10 ml) grated ginger
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) red curry paste
- 3 (15-oz) cans full fat coconut milk (3 (398ml) cans)
- 2 tsp (10 ml) brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt (5 ml)
- 2 cups (475 ml) sweet potatoes cut into bite-sized half moons or chunks
- 1 cup (240 ml) cauliflower florets
- 1 (15-0z) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed (1- 425g can)
- 1 cup kale (240 ml)
- Red pepper flakes
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in a large stock pot. Cook onions until fragrant, then add garlic and ginger. Cook for 1 minute until fragrant then add curry paste, cook stirring paste with the vegetables for 1 minute.
- Whisk in coconut milk. The full fat variety will have the cream risen to the top, no worries it will melt and combined once heated and stirred.
- Add the brown sugar and salt. Then add the sweet potatoes. Allow to cook in the curry for 5-8 mins until tender. Then add the cauliflower, garbanzo beans and kale. Cook until heated through and tender about 5 mins more.
- Transfer to a large serving tureen. Garnish with red pepper flakes and fresh cilantro.
- Serve along side of brown rice. Enjoy!
Keywords: easy thai red curry recipe, vegetarian thai red curry, the best vegan thai red curry recipe