Sunday night is a great opportunity to get outside of your comfort zone and try something new! Quinoa with purple cauliflower anyone?
For the entire month of January, I will be collaborating with 5 amazing YouTube channels I recently discovered this past year that I feel really have something important to say about the way we cook, eat and enjoy food!
This week’s video features the inspiring duo The Happy Pear. Their enthusiasm is contagious and I promise you you will never feel the same way about eating vegetables! Enjoy!
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel and never miss a recipe! (not to worry it’s free!)Print
- 1 ½ cups (270 g) rinsed Quinoa
- 3 cups (700 ml) vegetable broth
- ½ white onion, sliced thinly into half moons
- 1 whole shallot, cut into quarters
- 7 medium size carrots, tops removed, sliced in half
- 1 ½ cups (350 ml) of cauliflower florets
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp (5 ml) curry powder
- ¼ cup (40g) whole raw almonds
- ¼ cup (40 g) currants
- ¼ cup (40 g) golden raisin
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh mint, roughly chopped
- Combine quinoa and broth in a large saucepan, bring to a bowl. Cover and cook on low until all the broth is evaporated 10-15 mins.
- Then remove from flame, keep lid on to keep warm.
- Place veggies on a large rimmed baking sheet, sectioned off by kind. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and curry powder.
- Roast at 450F (230C) for 10-15 mins until veggies are sweet and caramelized.
- Add dried fruit and almonds to the quinoa, fluff with a fork. Spoon out into a single layer on a large platter. Top with fresh mint.
- Place a layer of onions on top, follow by carrots and cauliflower. Enjoy!
- Makes for great left overs too for the lunch box the next day!