This easy recipe for how to make a strawberry shortcake is perfect for any novice baker to master! No-fuss baking perfect for summer entertaining. Includes video tutorial below.
When the first few strawberries appear in the spring, I start to dream of this no-fuss strawberry shortcake recipe.
I’m always charmed by the surprise of a green berry turning red! As if to say “pick me! I’m ready!”
What are the ingredients to make shortbread biscuits?
The ingredients for shortbread biscuits are simple and I bet you already have many of them already on hand! You’ll need all-purpose flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, butter, heavy cream and one egg (exact recipe below)
How do you make shortbread biscuits?
To make the shortbread biscuits you’ll whisk together the dry ingredients, then work the butter cubes into this flour mixture with your hands, until a coarse meal develops. Then you’ll create a little well in the center and pour in the cream and egg mixture. Combine with a fork until a dough forms and that’s it!
Scoop out with an ice cream scooper onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake.
This Strawberry Shortcake Recipe is so easy it can be whipped up in a flash, which also makes it kinda dangerous! It’s so good and easy you’ll find yourself making these all summer long! You can watch the shortcake recipe video below.
WATCH MY HOW TO MAKE A STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE VIDEO BELOW
Subscribe to My YouTube Channel and Never Miss a Recipe! (It’s Free!)
Please let me know if you make this no-fuss strawberry shortcake recipe by leaving a rating and review below.Print
This easy recipe for how to make a strawberry shortcake is perfect for any novice baker to master! No-fuss baking perfect for summer entertaining. Includes video tutorial
- 1 1/4 cups (150 g) flour
- 2 tablespoon (25 g) white sugar
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) baking powder
- 8 tablespoons (120 g) cold butter, diced into cubes
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) heavy cream
- 1 egg
- Raw, turbinado sugar for tops
- 2 ½ cups (375g) fresh strawberries, quartered
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tbsp (13 g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C.
- In a large bowl add flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and whisk until combined. Then add butter working it into the flour with your hands, creating a coarse meal.
- In a smaller bowl whisk together the egg and the cream until combined.
- Make a small well in the center of the flour mixture. Pour cream mixture into the well and work dough together with a fork until combined. Do not over mix. Allow dough to rest 5 mins to activate baking powder.
- Scoop out dough with an ice cream scooper placing 6 mounds on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Top each mound with a sprinkle of Turbinado sugar (or plain white sugar)
- Bake for 12-13 mins until golden brown and set.
- Meanwhile toss the strawberries together with the sugar. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- To make cream place all ingredients in a bowl fitted with an electric mixer whip until soft peaks form.
- To assemble. Slice the top 1/3 of shortcake off, set aside. Lay a layer of whipped cream on the base of the short cake, top with a scoop of strawberries, then place top of shortcake on top, Garnish with another small dollop of cream, and a sprig of mint of another whole strawberry.
Keywords: easy strawberry shortcake recipe, homemade strawberry shortcake recipe