Learn how to make Apricot Almond Tartlettes. The perfect springtime dessert idea that is great for Mother's Day and Easter!
Apricots are in season and there's no better "flavor mate" to an apricot than the taste of almond! They were just born to be together, forever and ever!
How do you make tartlettes?
There are a few ways you can make tartlettes, such as in small fluted tart pans like my Chocolate Hazelnut Tartlettes or my Blueberry Tarlettes, but I find when pressed for time and feeding a crowd, nothing beats making tartlettes in a muffin tin! 12 desserts, done!
and new videos!
Can you make tartlettes ahead of time?
Yes, here in lies the beauty of them! You can make the tarletlettes ahead of time, keep them in the muffin tin, then pop in your fridge (covered with foil) then right when you sit down to dinner or lunch, pop them in a 300F oven to reheat for 15 mins or so.
Reheating the tartlettes will also allow the puff pastry to become flaky and crispy for serving. And who can say no to warm tartlette?
- 7 ounces (200g) almond paste
- ½ cup (120 g) of unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoon (75 g) sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) Almond extract
- ¾ cup (90 g) flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt
- ⅓ cup (50 g) sliced raw almonds
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- 12 Apricot halves (6 whole apricots)
- 2 sheets puffed pastry cut into 3x3 squares
- 1 container vanilla ice cream
- Cream together the almond paste, unsalted butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating in between additions. Add almond extract.
- Whisk together the flower, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to butter mixture to combine.
- Place puffed pastry on a floured surface. Cut pastry into 3x3 squares. Roll out slightly.
- Fit squares into a muffin tin that has been lightly sprayed with baking spray. Spoon in 2 tablespoon of filling into each cup, top with 1 teaspoon of almonds and place apricot halves in center.
- Pop muffin tin in the freezer for 10 mins (or refrigerator for 15 mins) to firm up.
- Meanwhile preheat oven to 400F degrees (200C)
- Bake for 20 mins, until pastry is puffed and golden and centers are set.
- Allow to cool slightly, dust with powdered sugar, serve with vanilla ice cream.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 144Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 69mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 3g