If you are looking for a great Sunday night dinner idea then you cannot go wrong with my One Pot Chicken and Potatoes recipe.
This dish feeds a crowd and always gets rave reviews at our house, especially with our picky eaters!
It works really well when made in a braiser because it can go from cooktop, to oven, to table!
Watch My One Pot Chicken and Potatoes Recipe Video Below!
The preparation is also really simple. You’ll season your chicken breasts with salt, pepper and Herbs de Provence.
Then sear your chicken breasts on both sides. You may need to do this in batches.
Cook your potatoes quickly, in the remaining chicken fat. This gives them a head start before they hit the oven, and saves you the step of washing out the pan!
Add a little flour in the pan to create a roux.
Then add your sauce and thicken, season with garlic and thyme…
Place your potatoes back in the pan, add the chicken cover and bake!
Please let me know if you make this One Pot Chicken and Potatoes Recipe by leaving a rating and review below
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 10-12 chicken thighs, skin on, bone-in
- salt and pepper to taste
- Herbs de Provence, to taste
- 12 ounces (340g) small “Dutch Baby” potatoes, sliced in half
- 2 tbsp (15g) of flour
Pre-Mix Broth Mixture in a Small Pitcher or bowl:
- 1 cup (240ml) chicken broth
- ¼ cup (60ml) white wine (or ¼ cup more broth)
- 2 tsp (10ml) Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp (5ml) Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 325F (162C). Measure out all your ingredients so you are ready to go. This recipe happens fast and it will help if everything is pre-measured.
- Season chicken (skin side) with salt, peppers and Herbs de Provence.
- Heat olive oil in a large braiser. Sear chicken, skin side down until golden brown, flip and cook for 2-3 minutes more. Transfer to a plate and set aside. It will finish cooking in the oven.
- Sauté potatoes in chicken fat until caramelized and golden brown. Transfer potatoes to a bowl and set aside.
- Add flour to remaining chicken fat and whisk until a paste forms. It you have no more chicken fat you can add 2 tbsp. (30g) of butter to create more fat. Cook paste 1 minute.
- Add broth Mixture and whisk to combine. Add garlic and fresh thyme. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place potatoes in sauce, add chicken on top. Cover and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, remove lid and spoon sauce on top, bring to the table and serve!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 486 Total Fat: 24g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 17g Cholesterol: 201mg Sodium: 408mg Carbohydrates: 28g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 41g