When winter’s chill is still in the air, there’s nothing more comforting than this No-Knead Cinnamon Raisin Bread.
WATCH MY VIDEO DEMO OF THIS RECIPE BELOW!
One of my favorites ways to make it is with a no-knead, slow rise technique that rises while you sleep!
Wake up the next morning, punch down the dough and allow it to rise for another hour or so (I think 1 1/2 hours is perfect but you can get away with 1 hour if you are antsy) Then bake in a dutch oven and 30 mins later you will have the MOST delicious artisan bread!
The bread is perfectly crisp on the outside and chewy and moist on the inside. Slathered with a pat of butter, you will wither love me or hate me for this one! The fact that it’s so easy is what makes it so dangerous! Yikes! Bake responsibly people. Enjoy!! xx
If you have any leftover, this bread also makes a terrific artisan French toast! Drizzled with orange flavored syrup, it can’t be beat!
MORE GREAT BREAKFAST RECIPES!
- Overnight Cinnamon Buns
- Cheesy Herby Egg Bake
- Make-Ahead Egg Bakes with Ham, Cheese and Leeks
- Blueberry Crumb Cake
Please let me know if you make this No-Knead Cinnamon Raisin Bread Recipe by leaving a rating and review below
- 1 ½ cups (180 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups (180 g) whole wheat flour
- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) yeast
- 1 ½ tsp (7.5 ml) of salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups (350 ml) room temperature water (more if needed in 1 tbsp increments)
- ½ cup (75g) walnuts
- ½ cup (75 g) raisins
- Whisk together the flours, yeast, salt, and cinnamon. Then add the walnuts and raisins. Stir to combine.
- Slowly add the water and stir with a wooden spoon until a dough forms. If the dough looks to dry add more water in 1 tbsp increments. Too wet add more flour in 1 tbsp increments.
- Transfer dough into a clean bowl that has been greased with olive oil. Cover with plastic wrap and rise over night.
- The following day, punch down dough and with “floured hands” form dough into a ball. Place in a clean bowl dusted with flour, cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise for 1 ½ hours.
- Pre-heat oven to 500F (260C) with the Dutch oven so both can get up to temperature together. Place dough inside and cover. Bake for 30 mins.
- Allow bread to cool for 1 hour. Slice and serve! Bread also freezes well if sliced and placed in a plastic freezer bag.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 114 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 75mg Carbohydrates: 24g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 0g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g