Mother's Day is just around the corner and if you need some dessert ideas for Mom, you are in luck! This week I'm collaborating with the adorable Rachel Weiland of Glow of Grace, to share 2 great recipes for the occasion. If you don't know of her blog and YouTube Channel, you must check her out and subscribe! I think you will really enjoy her channel and cute ideas! (Especially for any of you new Moms out there!)
- ¼ cup (60 g) butter
- 3 tbsp (20 g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml)vanilla
- pinch of salt
- ¾ cups (90 g) flour
- 6 eggs
- ¾ cup (150g) sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) lemon zest
- ⅔ cup (160 ml) lemon juice
- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) salt
- ¼ cup (30 g) flour
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325F/(162C)
- Spay a 9” (23 cm) cheesecake pan with baking spray.
- Combine butter and powder sugar in an electric mixer then add vanilla and salt beat until combined and then add flour mixing until dough balls form. Flatten into a disk and roll out to ¼” (6 mm) thick. Doesn’t need to be perfect since you will just be pressing this into the tin and it’s a crumbly dough. Really doing this just for uniform thinness.
- Fit dough into pan pressing down to create a tight fit and making sure the dough is uniformly level. DO NOT PRICK DOUGH.
- Place tin in oven for 20 mins until baked and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine eggs, sugar, zest, juice and salt, whisk until combined then add flour, whisk until smooth.
- Pour filling on top of shortbread and bake for 20-22 mins until filling is set. Allow to cool and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Before releasing slide a sharp knife around the edge of the tin to make sure pie will release easily. Then release pan.
- Dust with powdered sugar on top and cut into slices. Serve with homemade whipped cream and strawberries.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 129Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 140mgSodium: 82mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 0gSugar: 19gProtein: 5g