Learn how to make my Baked Brie in Puff Pastry Recipe and elegant appetizer platter for holiday parties. Includes video tutorial!
Brie in Puff Pastry is a classic holiday appetizer idea. I also love it because it can feed a crowd. It’s a simple recipe that requires minimum effort but will surely deliver impressive results (my kind of recipe!)
Watch My Video Tutorial of this Recipe Below!
How do I make baked brie?
Baked brie is really easy to make. It’s sort of like wrapping a present. You’ll begin with a small wheel of brie, 6″ or so is a good size.
You can top your cheese with all kinds of sweet and savory fillings. Fig jam, honey, and apricot jam are my favorites, but really get creative! Dried cranberries or cranberry jam would also be great for Christmas or Thanksgiving.
Then place the puffed pastry on top, flip it over and wrap it up like a present. You can then top your Baked Brie with decorative shapes to suit the holiday theme. I like to use stars for Christmas but you could also use leaves or grapes for Thanksgiving.
What goes with baked brie in puff pastry?
You can serve grapes, figs, apples or pears with your baked brie. I also like to place small toasts on the side for spreading the hot brie on top as well.
How long do you bake brie in puff pastry?
For this recipe you’ll bake your Brie for 15-20 minutes in a 400F oven. Just long enough to puff the pastry and turn it golden brown, and melt the cheese inside.
The best part is this can all be made the day before and rest in your fridge. Then all you have to do is pop in your oven and bake!
MORE GREAT APPETIZER RECIPES!
Please let me know if you make this Recipe by leaving a rating and review below!
- (3) wheels of brie (about 4" round)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fig jam
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) apricot jam
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) honey
- 4 sheets of puff pastry
- 1 egg
- Unwrap brie and remove any stickers. Place fig jam on one and wrap in puff pastry, seam side down. Repeat the same with Apricot jam and 2nd wheel of brie. For third wheel spread honey on brie and top with chopped walnuts. Wrap in puff pastry, seam side down.
- Use 4th sheet of puff pastry to cut out decorative shapes (leaves, stars, christmas trees) with a cookie cutter. Place shapes on top of brie packages. Then brush the tops with a beaten egg.
- Bake at 400F (200C) degrees for 15-20 minutes, until the pastry is puffed and golden brown.
Allow to cool for 15-25 minutes mins! Otherwise brie with run out and make a big mess! Idea is to serve these at room temperature. Place on platter garnished with grapes and toasted raisin bread.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 70 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 14mg Sodium: 37mg Carbohydrates: 7g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 3g Protein: 1g