New Years Eve is the perfect occasion to indulge in something elegant and decadent (let’s face it, it’s the last hooray before all those resolutions kick in!) If you are looking for such a nibble for your New Years Eve Party, I highly recommend my Bacon Mac and Cheese bites. Just the title alone is enough to make you drool!
Rich and cheesy and salty, they are the perfect little morsel to serve with a glass of champagne. Due to their bite size portion, you don’t feel too guilty popping a few in your mouth in one sitting.
I also like to garnish with some fresh chives to balance out the richness and it also looks so pretty on the plate.
It’s an easy last-minute touch that can easily be sniped with some kitchen shears just before serving.
The nice thing about this appetizer recipe is that it can be made the day before…
…and portioned out into a mini muffin tin…topped with cheese.
Keep refrigerated until ready to serve and then moments before guests arrive, pop them in the oven and your guests will be greeted with the most fantastic aroma coming from your kitchen.
It’s a great way to get the party started! HAPPY NEW YEAR!! xx
For a step-by-step tutorial of this recipe you can watch my video below. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE (it’s free!)Print
- 1 tbsp (15 g) butter for greasing tins
- 1 cup (140 g) tiny elbow macaroni
- 3 tbsp (45 g) butter
- 2 tbsp (15 g) flour
- 1 cup (240 ml) milk
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 ml) cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 minced garlic clove
- freshly cracked pepper
- 1 cup (240 ml) sharp cheddar cheese + ½ cup (120 ml) mozzarella for topping
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup (40 g) flour
- ¼ cup (60 ml) chives
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C).
- Grease a mini muffin tin lightly with melted butter and set aside.
- Boil pasta according to package instructions.
- Cook bacon in skillet or in microwave. To microwave line a plate with paper towel, place bacon on top, and then place more paper towel on top. Microwave on high for 6 mins until browned and crispy. Allow to cool on towel, and chop into a rough chop.
- Then in a large skillet prepare the cheese sauce, melt 3 tbsp butter, add flour and whisk and cook for 1 minute then slowly whisk in milk, whisking all the while, a smooth sauce will develop. Add cayenne, salt, garlic and pepper.
- Then add cheddar cheese, and whisk until smooth. Remove from flame and allow to cool slightly.
- Drain pasta and transfer it into a large bowl. Add cheese sauce and stir to combine. Then add egg and egg yolks, flour, and bacon. Stir to combine.
- Using a mini ice cream scoop portion out into muffin tin, and top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 13-15 mins until golden brown and cheese has melted. Allow to cool to set up and become stable.
- Place on platter and top with freshly snipped chives. Serve with champagne! Enjoy!